Stomach problems

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Jim 788 here spent last Wednesday in the cancer assessment  ward just had enough  of my stomach  aches  treatment  excellent  just cant really pinpoint  what's wrong been told possible  irritable  bowel syndrome got 2 week  course of meds hyoscine butybromide 3 times a day has reduced the discomfort trying to find out what irritable  bowel  syndrome actually  is anyone any ideas about diet know I shouldn't  say been taken 5mls of oramorph with 2 paracetamol and been getting 5 hours of undisturbed  sleep do hope haven't  spoken to soon does anyone  know  when summer starts been freezing  in Lincoln all the very best to everyone 

• Hi Jim, to be honest, I think lots of us here have stomach problems and a lot can be due to the drugs we take. My oncologist prescribed Omeprazole right at the start for me and I have been taking it for years. However I still got IBS and diverticulitis. I have tried lots of things like cutting out dairy products or white bread etc but nothing seems to work. They just come in bouts and I've gotten used to it. I do hope the meds they have given you work well. Wow! 5 hours of undisturbed sleep would be amazing! I'm pleased you manage that!

Summer hasn't started here yet either, we are still having overnight frost! Surely it won't be long before things pick up and the weather improves!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Frosts in the North West too. Supposed to be wet today but nothing yet.

I get stomach pain for a few days after my immunotherapy infusion. It feels like the worst wind pain I've ever had. I stay mindful of it because immunotherapy can damage your bowels I think, but it generally eases up on it's own.

Stuart x 

• Hi Stuart

The weather forecast shows the rain over the whole of Ireland from 9am to 1pm. At the moment the rain is failing steadily so I think you should be safe until lunchtime at least. It's not as windy as I expected, but early yet.

Don't talk to me about frosts. My first lot of potatoes, 18 seed potatoes, were growing well under fleece until we had a succession of frosts about 2 weeks ago. The first 2 frosts were harsh and turned the growth from green to black and the black parts crumbled off. It has recovered though and there is a lot of green growth coming through now. There have been more frosts since though not as harsh.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Yep, grotty here now. The poor dogs are not going to get a walk because they refuse to go out in the rain.

I think that the only thing that's survived in my vegetable plot are the carrots. I was obviously too eager for summer to arrive.

Stuart x 

• Yes Stuart, we've all been guilty of that. Fleece is a great help for me but this is an unusual spring, with many April frosts. 

Take care

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Sun shining here now Stuart

Roy

Love life and family.