Use of oramorph

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 45 subscribers

My sleep.pattern is absolutely  hopeless advised by my community  nurse to take 5mls oramorph hour before bed  dont like using the word pain it's to control my aches trouble is this makes me constipated so taking a laxative  as well just putting it out there anyone in the similar just cant sleep

Jim788 

Looks like Lincoln  is going to have a lovely day today

• Jim, as a fellow Jim on steroids, allow me to confirm that the belly does indeed stem from steroids. Now, as to sleep, I had very little luck sleeping whilst on 95mg of prednisone daily. When I mentioned it, my haematologist thought for about 5 seconds and prescribed me Trazodone. Now the drug is intended to be an anti-depressant and anti-anxiety, but is well known for its hypnotic (sleep producing) effect. He described it as a "clean drug" and well proved over the decades. There is no risk of developing a habit and it may essentially be used a s needed. 50mg has me walking the same as 3-4 pints would, so I cut them in half, to 25mg. I should think it is worth asking about. They take some of the edge off of the steroids, as well.

Cheers,

Jim

One cancer (PTCL-NOS) 3 times. Two other cancers: Angioimmunoblastic T-Cell Lymphoma 2 times, and 20q deletion MyeloDysplastic Syndrome) were chemo refractory. All three cancers simultaneously in 2015. Stage IV twice + MDS @ 23% of marrow. 12/22 diagnosed with Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Thus far, 14+ years, 20 drugs, 4 clinical trials, Total Body Irradiation, 1,000+ years of background radiation from scans. 7th remission so far. Haploidentical stem cell transplant, acute > chronic Graft-versus-Host-disease. Currently receiving my 7th GvHD regimen.