Trapped

• 37 replies
  • 26 subscribers

Every time I move I am coughing up blood. I have to sit very still and stay very quiet, with a kitchen roll and a carrier bag for my gory tissues. I am literally good for nothing.

I was thinking about getting a much needed haircut today, but I can't subject the poor barber to the sight of me wretching up lumps of lung every two minutes.

What a life. 

I am taking tranexamic acid but it's no longer helping. My oncologist has offered me radiotherapy to try to stop the bleeding. Has anyone had radiotherapy for this reason, and was it successful? 

Thanks, Stuart x 

• Can't help Stuart but I do have a massive amount of sympathy for you.you can't carry on like this, someone should be helping. No fun at all.

, let the wife do the cut, mine does although it helps that I am not vain! 

• She did it in the first lockdown. It took 3 hours for a short back and sides Laughing

• One word... CLIPPERS!

Stay Strong

SiT

• Takes La Norbette 5 minutes with clippers,  basically because I don't have much hair.

• Hi , That sounds crap and must be hard for you and partner.I dont have any knowledge of the treatment being offered, but presumably the oncologist would only offer it if they think it will help. Hope it stops and you can move freely again. That lawn isnt going to stripe itself. As for the hair cut, if Boris Johnson can get a haircut and still look like worzel gummidge, then who cares about hair?

• Oh  that’s just awful for you, can’t begin to imagine. I hope there’s something that can help with that, it must just suck the life out of youThinking of you & sending a big hug xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • OMG Stuart. That's horrendous and the worst thing I have ever heard of. Someone HAS to do something or your throat will be raw, you have to get treatment. Oh I wish I could help other than commiserate. I'm so sorry I can't.

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Thanks everyone, I have reached out to Clatterbridge to ask them to arrange the radiotherapy. To be honest, I have little faith in them, but let's see what they come back with.

Stuart x 

• They would have to be inhuman to let you carry on like that. The  best of luck, I think we all want to hear from you when you can, good news please.

• Hi Stuart, I do hope the RT will help, it sounds like they should have done something to help long ago. When did all this start?

Regarding your hair. We've had clippers for quite some time and I cut my husbands hair every month. I am wondering if near where you live, there is a local barber? I'm sure if your OH went to them and asked if someone could come to the house, or garden if it's dry, to cut your hair, I feel sure they would agree! 
    May I ask why you have little faith in Clatterbridge? Why not ask for a referral for a second opinion to somewhere else? It is your right! Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!