Cutting back work hours

• 3 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I finished chemo last January, I still suffer with fatigue and emotional issues, unsure if chemo, hormone therapy or COVID situation. I struggle at work sometimes. Have anyone cut their hours back, how have you found it, was it better to have half a day or full day off, or has people found it better to cut an hour from each day. Have you discovered what the pitfalls are

regards John

• Hi John,

Sorry I can't help with your questions, but I do hope that you find a solution that works for you.

I will be interested to read any advice you get as I am hoping to return to work once my chemo finishes. I'm not sure whether to phase my return or go straight back in on my usual hours (21 over three days).

Best wishes 

Sarah 

• take it easy returning, I went back full time, affected me emotionally and also levels of fatigue. Might just have been me though. Also discovered my b12 was low which didn’t help

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi  chemo hammers you not to mention the fact that you're fighting cancer! It was at last 6 months before I went back to work and I reduced my hours. I honk quality of life is a priority after all you've been through, although I really wanted to work, just not so hard. It's not just you, and a low b12 certainly doesn't  help! I hope you're having treatment for that. Time to put yourself first. xx