Scan results after 5th round of immunotherapy

• 13 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi all,

I haven't posted in a while due to feeling pretty miserable and not having anything positive to say. I was slowly losing the ability to breathe through my nose and back in October/November I lost it completely. This is down to scar tissue from mandibulotomy surgery in 2016. I had further surgery in 2017 to correct this which worked a treat but sadly it needs to be done again. My team won't consider operating until the Covid situation has settled down.

I do understand this but it doesn't stop me feeling the way I do. It's hard enough for me to eat/swallow at the best of times but to add not tasting the food makes it seem like I'm punishing myself even more which has affected my mood. I know I have to continue to eat but I mostly rely on Fortisps. I guess being furloughed has given me too much time to sit and dwell on my situation instead of trying to keep my mind occupied with work stuff! 

The good news is I had my CT scan result on Wednesday and the lung tumour has reduced in size considerably after only 5 sessions and the 2 smaller chest ones have remained stable so treatment can continue. This has really lifted my spirits and now I just have to be patient and wait for surgery which may happen in April. 

I hope everyone else is coping in these challenging times.

Best wishes to you all,

Fi  xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Great news on the CT - keep it up Fi and you'll get to the nasal surgery soon hopefully.

Stay Strong

SiT

• Hi Fi, it is lovely to hear from you. I am so sorry you have been having such a horrid time, but that is really good news about the scan results. 
    I hope you get the surgery soon. It is tough when you are home, like you say, too much time to think about things. We are always here for a chat.

Take care 

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi,

good news about the lung tumour 

sorry to hear about the blocked nose it must be very uncomfortable. I have head and neck salivary gland cancer and had surgery followed by radiotherapy. I am taking a targeted drug prescribed by my oncologistoff   licence  as the trial is in the US and the results will not come out until the summer. This drug feels as though it is helping but I am waiting for scans I. February.

love xx

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi little-fi

Sorry to hear about the nose and not eating well, but hopefully it will only be for a short time.

But the scan results are great news, fingers crossed good news continues.

Stay strong stay positive

• It definitely helps to write it down and get it off your chest, thanks Chelle x

• Hi Ruth, here's to you getting a good result in Feb too! x

• Sorry little-fi, I have only just seen this post. Congrats and please can the good news continue. Xx

• HI Little Fi!

It's great that the tumor shrunk..so keep it up. And i cannot imagine how it must be to eat like that..but i'm glad you know you got to...and now fingers crossed that the surgery is soon.  Pet

• Hi Fi, It's  good to see you post. I've just seen your post! Remember this Group is for support when you are down as well as congratulating you when you get good news! Post anytime!

I am so sorry you have no sense of taste, I had that for several weeks when I had the Coronavirus and I know how horrible it is when everything tastes like the same bland taste. Knowing you have to eat doesn't make it any easier when you don't actually taste anything! I did find I sort of enjoyed the inexpensive Splits they have in most supermarkets. The ice lollies with the ice cream inside. The flavours all taste the same but I liked the cold feeling in my mouth and throat. It is maybe worth a try!

Wow! That is fantastic news after only 5 sessions, long may that continue  the immunotherapy has great results with lots of people. Maybe by the time you have your surgery, your cancer will have reduced all round, wouldn't that be something to celebrate! In the meantime keep taking the Fortisps and get all the nutrients your body needs! Keep up the good work. I'm sure 90% or more of us are fed up with LOCKDOWN now as it has gone on so long, especially with the weather being bad it is a thought going out at all! Hopefully the vaccine will be the light at the end of the tunnel! Have you had yours yet?

Stay safe! Take care and keep in touch please.

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!