re second treatments x

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

hey all 

been a bit quiet here been trying to catch up with life well i had my second round of chemotherapy and immunotherapy on Wednesday 13/1   i must say this time i learnt a lot more had the siset of the cancer ward looking after me my blood sugar shot up but she told me how to control and it worked much better i have slept very well the last 2 days which is a bonus as i don't sleep the worse side effect is feeling so so hungry from the steroids' and not being able to eat but im sure that will pass   thank you for listening XX hugs XX

• oh yes the hunger from steroids...sorry but it will only go away when you stop them...you poor thing can;t you find anything you are able to eat??? sending you a big hug!!!

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Pet1968

had a bowl of porridge yesterday gonna try soup today i have to take them slow because of the sugar too and its not good as the weight is not good lost over 6 stones since sept need high calories not so easy lol thank u just little while longer wish i could take them as normal but that really dont work for me but like i said on the plus side i fell pretty good so Winning XX hugs XX

• Hi Donc

Good to hear that your treatment is still going on, because of Covid some cancer treatments have been postponed which is horrible to know that some people who need life saving operations are waiting, not knowing when they will happen. 

How do you feel since your treatment started? Porridge is a great way to start the day, many Scotsmen and women will agree with me there. 

On the weight issue, 6 stones is a lot to lose, was that because of the cancer or because of diabetes issues? I have put on 4 stone since I had to stop working and had to move into a wheelchair. Just not getting the exercise any more, can't go for long walks which is the toughest thing to deal with. I loved getting out and feeling the wind blowing through my hair (ha ha I wish!). I hope you get some relief on the food issue.

Take care and stay safe Donc

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Donc, Good to hear you are coping better this time! If you are trying to put weight back on, have you tried using milk to make your porridge, i use water, but then instead of pouring more milk on once it is cooked, use single cream, if you can take it. I have porridge most mornings made with water then pour semi skimmed milk on it when cooked but I'm definitely not trying to put weight on!

I told Daloni and one or two others about milk plus single cream with their porridge after a large weight loss and they enjoyed it and said it worked! You can even have it for supper! Here in Scotland we take it at any time of the day, especially on cold wintery days and nights! Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!