Cancelled again

• 42 replies
  • 49 subscribers

I cannot say what was removed but I am pretty sure Tvman and Tinalay are in trouble as well. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Norberry

had such a good laugh at this, just what was needed! Do I get a clip board? xx

• Of course you will Tinalay, you will be in a position of some influence.

It appears that we have members on here already applying for entry to the step forgetting the criteria is that you get put there for being naughty and dealt with by the moderators.

An example is Pet1968. I think that she is too nice to be naughty but I have broken SiTs rules already by agreeing her entry. 

By the way, you haven't still got your nurses uniform have you, SiT asked me to enquire, I don't know why.

• I can't start off by telling lies, it was me that wondered about your nurses uniform.

I will go straight to the cold concrete step until I have shown enough remorse.

• FormerMember

You’re on that step again Norberry you will get piles if it’s cold,Stuck out tongue winking eye

• Sorry Peggy24, its in my nature, like all of us, we see nurses too often, it must have been on my mind. You know I meant no harm.. It is cold on here though, I am on my own at the moment, no one else has been naughty enough to join me.  Fancy coming down to warm me with a cuddle? Xxxx

• FormerMember

How’s about a cushion or heat pad mind you may be cold shower Joy

• Cold shower indeed! That won't stop me.

• Hi Ellen B

I trust you are well.

I need to comment on your explanative post and also Eliza's in another thread. You both say that you don't mean to cause offence or to upset anyone when you contact people privately and read the riot act with threats of expulsion. I cannot for one minute believe that you don't mean to cause upset, do you seriously believe your intervention doesn't upset anyone because I am one who was very upset now and previously when I had to plead to be allowed to stay. 

I don't think there is an evilness within either of you and you set out intentionally to hurt people but you do hurt us, deeply. No one wants to go around deliberately breaking guidelines, it's not in us to do that. We are all going through uncertain periods in our lives. Mood is low and whether you say afterwards that that upset was not your intention, that doesn't help. You HAVE caused upset, please find another way.

This group is full of wonderfully supportive and helpful people dealing with the worst of all diagnoses, in my case I think it's like a ticking time bomb. You in admin are super caring people working for an organisation that is infinitely helpful and focusing on caring for people who sometimes are running on fumes so to be sideswiped by a critical post feels like the final nail in the coffin. 

Can I suggest that when a discussion gets out of hand, you post a message in the group for all to see and then individual members are not receiving a private ticking off when sometimes a general message will suffice. Should the behaviour continue, then by all means contact the person or persons privately.

In the case of someone who divulges that action has been taken against them or they have been spoken to by a moderator, is it really necessary to forbid them from doing so? There's a fair likelihood of others toeing the line also.

This is a group in which we care, support, and.have love for one another. (Oh, and any other suitable adjective that I have omitted, give me a break, it's 2am!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi all

The above post WAS written at 2am but I fell asleep before I could post it. Pain woke me at 6am and I couldn't find it so I thought it had been pulled off already! I thought I must really have annoyed the moderator. I wasn't sure which discussion I had posted it in and searched for it then I remembered something, a little trick I knew. I was sure I had posted it as a reply to Ellen B so I found that post, clicked on reply and lo and behold there was my much sought after post. I hadn't posted it at all! 

Sorry it's a little long, but I needed to reply to much criticism from the moderator. Anyway, I hope you agree with me. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi  I do agree with you. I think the bit that annoys me within the rather grey area of humour is that actual users are being upset and threatened and being made to feel oppressed, in the name of a theoretical user who doesn't actually exist., e.g. someone who might potentially be offended. If there has been an actual complaint then I agree a public comment from a moderator on their behalf pointing out the offending bit might be helpful to all of us so that we can apologise and learn from our mistakes (obviously no identifying details need be used).

There are other more clear cut areas obviously where comments can be removed immediately such as personal contact details, racism, sexism and blatant swearing etc.

I am hoping that we can all just get back to normal now and get on with supporting each other. I am pretty sure the mods are sick of us and have probably got the message. I am def not blaming individual messengers/mods, it should just be a discussion that is had in their next group meeting.

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky