• 8 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Hi GUYS

FIRST TRIP BOOKED FOR 2021

HOPEFULLY OFF TO ICELAND IN FEBRUARY!

IF that goes well, probably

Looking at Asda in MARCH

& Waitrose or Tesco in APRIL!

Thought I'd share this, it was sent to me yesterday by my son (obv takes after his mum!).

He even put at the end of it, I was invited too, if I felt like a wee trip!!! 

Hope you all had a great weekend!!!

• Enjoyed this post.

wish we could book holidays soon 

maybe after the print we can be more hopeful xxx

Ruth 

• Brilliant, got me going at first.!

• Very good. I think I'd quite enjoy a trip to the supermarket. This online shopping lark is quite tedious.

Chelle 

Try to be a rainbow,in somebody else's cloud
    Maya Angelou

Community Champion badge
  • Hi, Hope this brought a smile to your face! Glad you liked it!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Annette, Wow you had me going there for a minute, until I read further to Asda in March. Wasn’t really with it and thought predictive text had altered your post! 
    I had rebooked a holiday in March to Perthshire from last year. That was a mistake because I was supposed to be going in 2019. Looks like I will be changing the booking to 2022 now! Beginning to wonder if any of us will ever be able to make plans to go away again.

Online shop came today and I realised that some of what I thought I had ordered wasn’t on the order, it’s so rare that I manage to get all the way through an order without gremlins getting in. I think it’s because the internet traffic is much more busy than it used to be! Oh how I would love to be able to safely do my own shopping in person again!

love and hugs to all

Maggie xx

• Oh Maggie, It was so nice to read your name! I haven't heard from you for ages. I wonder if you knew I was having problems with my PM page so have only had one or two PM's in the last 7 or so months!

I'm glad I had you going, it had me going when I first read it too. Before I got to Asda, I was thinking, why would he want to go to Iceland, it's cold enough here as it is!!!

We also transferred holidays ( 4 of them ) to this year, the first one is in May and it looks like that might have to be moved to 2022! Oh yes, just to be able to go into a store and decide spur of the moment what to eat for our meal, instead of our daughter getting our shopping or having it delivered. In fact the other week my online order came and in place of a packet of Pasta, (macaroni) they had sent a tin of Macaroni Cheese, the shops own make,k yuck I always make my own!! Instead of fresh broccoli, I got a tin of peas! Now what's that all about!

I hope you are doing well. I will try to send you a PM. I want to hear what you have been up to!! Hope you will post again, you have been missed,

Love Annette x

• Hi Annette, I did try to pm you. It was when you and Vince were both ill withCovid. It didn’t go through. I have had a few issues getting on here since they altered it, but yesterday and today I have got on 1st time. I do hope that means it is fixed!

A friend of mine had ordered a jar of marmite and it was substituted for a jar of Nutella. The only similarity there was that they were both brown! I have to admit home delivery gives us some surprises.

It seems that people are getting upset on here at the moment, unfortunately words get misconstrued sometimes and offence is caused while none is meant. Sadly emotions can be all over the place when ‘incurable’ diagnosis are given. I hope that things settle down again soon and people don’t leave as the support on here is invaluable. 

As many of us know from experience, there is still lots of life left in us all!

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Hi Maggie, Sorry your pm didn't get to me. Yes as you say, sometimes the humour can backfire when all people are doing is to try to lighten up the conversation. I must admit, I don't take offence to anything anyone says. The only thing I'm not keen on is swearing, so if I come to it, I generally stop reading, after all it's up to us what we read! Mostly people use *** or ### so I just bypass it! It's not worth falling out over!

Yes we both had tested positive for coronavirus and the oncologist told me if I did get it I probably wouldn't survive it! I love it when they are wrong!! I now have what they are calling "Long COVID" with Labyrinthitis, sore joints etc. But a lot better.

let's hope people keep posting! Stay safe!

Love Annette x