HAS ANYONE OUTLASTED THEIR PROGNOSIS Cont'd!

• 31 replies
  • 50 subscribers

I have spent almost 2 hours on and off trying to reply to the current Post. In red it told me I did not have permission to reply to this, so I'm doing it here.

Hi Lynne_1961, DB61 and ALL, Welcome to the Group! Well, I think I am probably one of the group's 'oldest' (as in been here a long time) members. There are quite a few of us around! I was given 5-7 months to live in May 2013 when diagnosed with Malignant Melanoma Stage4. So obviously no one knows when you reach your sell by date! As you see I am well passed mine! The first time I was told I had cancer was the end of 2010 when I had a lesion on my shin, had a biopsy and they found it was 98% cancerous Melanoma. They did a Wide Excision March 2011 (down to the bone) I call it my shark bite, it anyone asks what happened! The surgeon was SURE he had got all the cancer. However while I was still attending his clinic for 6 monthly checks, in November 2012, he found 2 further tumours in my thigh. I had a groin dissection but the PET scan in May showed further mm.

I have defied fate, yet again this year when my oncologist said how important it was for me to self isolate as I have little or no immune system left to fight the COVID-19 virus. I had been at home for longer than 9 weeks then my husband and I became unwell. We got tested and BOTH had positive results for coronavirus. Well, I have some Post Virus Syndrome left over, in the form of Labyrinthitis BUT I'm still here! Never give up! Where there's Life there's Hope!

Every year they are coming up with new drugs and treatment, so odds are the longer we are here the more likelihood they will find something that will work for us!