Waiting (sorry moan alert)

• 11 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi All

After chasing for a week I finally got my lung scan results and I still have some clots in my lungs 3 months after they were diagnosed despite my blood thinners. Once they have gone I can have VATS excision of one of my lung nodules so now I have to wait for a rescan in another 3 months and try again, otherwise they will go for cyberknife or ablation but the team feel I will get the best results (and pathology) from surgery.

One of the many things that I hate about cancer is the constant waiting. I am an impatient sort of person and all I do is wait for tests, treatment, scans, chemo, operations and referrals. I know that it beats the alternative and I am lucky to have treatment but why can't it ever go smoothly for once. I get all psyched up for ops etc and then more delays. I don't have endless time left to me and I am damned well waiting yet again. I just want to rage at someone/something and yet there is no one. I wonder if you can rent a padded soundproof room by the hour so I can let some of it out.

After they have done this lung, they intend to do a much bigger open op on the other one which currently has five more nodules (does the fun never end?) Obviously in the mean time the cancer slowly grows and spreads. I just hope I remain operable. Anyway that is it folks, some gratuitous winging because I don't want to inflict it on the family.

And to all you others out there waiting as well, for whatever - good luck. If anything drove me to drink, it would be this awful WAITING.

• Hi ,

I did put a link in my post above but there has been a bit of a problem with my links recently.  If you hover your curser over the word  "here" towards the end of my post it should have a line under it.  Click on that and it should take you to The Room.

If not then if you follow Nicky Nosher's directions then you should get there.

All the best,

Gragon