Keeping a Promise

• 26 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Hi EVERYONE,

I am sorry to tell you that Daloni died peacefully last night at St Christopher's Hospice.

I am writing this with a very heavy heart and tears running down my cheeks, even although I have been trying to compose myself for a while now. Some months ago Daloni asked me if she got her sister to contact me once she had passed away, would I post here to let you all know. I promised I would and am fulfilling that now.

Daloni said to let you know how much she appreciated all your messages, prayers and lovely things you said about her. She loved being a part of the Community and as a Community Champion I don't think she could have done anything more to support, befriend, encourage and advise members old and new and in many Groups. A special mention for those members she met personally on arrange meets.. she said it was a blast!!

Her sister Julia told me that both her daughters, her other sister and her very close cousins had visited within the last hours before she died with her three favourite nurses by her bedside.

We were all privileged to have known her as she had strength, a terrific sense of humour and time for everyone. Norberry, I told her you had restarted the "Three Good Things" post and she was so pleased, so please keep it up. Her main wish was that this community and particularly this Group carried on and thrived, despite problems with the updated site. She wanted us all to stay with it and to bring it back to the way it used to be being a friendly, supportive and humorous place to talk freely without worrying our families.

As Daloni herself wrote not long ago she has been very open about the end of life but wanted a private family funeral. RIP my friend you will be in my heart always.

I am sure we knew this was about to happen, as that's what the group is about, it is still a shock loosing a friend. We need to support one another as best we can at this difficult time for us all. My love to you all.

• I'm having so much trouble posting and I'm not receiving notifications for all the posts about Daloni. I received your notice Annette and read it then I got online and saw many replies then when I went back to yours, it wasn't there, only the latest reply in the thread which was Millie's. 

Is there ever going to be an end to this confusion ?

Tvman

Love life and family.
  • Hello group,

I hardly post on here anymore because I am still having problems logging in, viewing and replying to posts.

I have just managed to log in and have seen this sad news. I just could not pass this by without trying to post a reply.

Rest in peace dear Daloni, you were truly loved. You are now pain free and I hope you are dancing among the angels. 

• So sorry, rest well Daloni

Stuart x

• May you rest in peace Daloni, you have truly been a shining star.  You showed us how to accept the future, helping others even when you were suffering 

• RIP Daloni my thoughts with your family.You will be truly missed.Rosexx

Each day a blessing stay strong 

• The world is a little darker but the sky has gained the brightest of stars.

Thoughts and love to her family and to her friends.