Keeping a Promise

• 26 replies
  • 62 subscribers

Hi EVERYONE,

I am sorry to tell you that Daloni died peacefully last night at St Christopher's Hospice.

I am writing this with a very heavy heart and tears running down my cheeks, even although I have been trying to compose myself for a while now. Some months ago Daloni asked me if she got her sister to contact me once she had passed away, would I post here to let you all know. I promised I would and am fulfilling that now.

Daloni said to let you know how much she appreciated all your messages, prayers and lovely things you said about her. She loved being a part of the Community and as a Community Champion I don't think she could have done anything more to support, befriend, encourage and advise members old and new and in many Groups. A special mention for those members she met personally on arrange meets.. she said it was a blast!!

Her sister Julia told me that both her daughters, her other sister and her very close cousins had visited within the last hours before she died with her three favourite nurses by her bedside.

We were all privileged to have known her as she had strength, a terrific sense of humour and time for everyone. Norberry, I told her you had restarted the "Three Good Things" post and she was so pleased, so please keep it up. Her main wish was that this community and particularly this Group carried on and thrived, despite problems with the updated site. She wanted us all to stay with it and to bring it back to the way it used to be being a friendly, supportive and humorous place to talk freely without worrying our families.

As Daloni herself wrote not long ago she has been very open about the end of life but wanted a private family funeral. RIP my friend you will be in my heart always.

I am sure we knew this was about to happen, as that's what the group is about, it is still a shock loosing a friend. We need to support one another as best we can at this difficult time for us all. My love to you all.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Rest in peace,  

We will all be poorer in your absence. 

• This is so sad. I met Daloni in York and she was as lovely in real life as she was on the forum. She didn’t talk about her illness. She talked mainly about her daughters and her hopes for them in the future. I hope if they read these comments they will know that their Mum wasn’t only special to them, she was special to a lot of people. 

• There are no words,

You will Never Walk A Lone Daloni

• I can't quite believe it. X

Flowerlady x
  • Sad news indeed, as @Daloni was a constant presence on this forum and many others, so ready with words of wisdom right up until very recently. Glad to hear she had a peaceful death with loved ones around despite the current strange times. In her memory, we need to makes sure this forum remains active and welcomes and supports new people ( and "old" ones) as she would have done.

xx

• Kind, honest and good-humoured, her presence here will be missed.  Thank you, Daloni.

Fortie
  • Thank you for sharing this heartbreaking news Annette. Although not unexpected it's still a shock and it hits hard. Daloni touched so many of our lives and leaves behind a huge legacy of kindness, compassion and positivity. Will be thinking of her daughters, family and friends, and am sending much love, and as Daloni would say, 'a gentle virtual hug' to everyone here.

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • Oh no. That really does hit hard.

Love and prayers for her family and friends. 

Clare 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear Annette 

What a wonderful tribute to Daloni. You also write beautifully and heartfelt. 

Rest in Peace our Dear Daloni 

You will be missed by all.

Gentle Hugs to All,

Millie

• Hi Annette

Thank you so much for letting us know about the sad passing of Daloni, she was a woman above all in the community. She found time always be welcome everyone into the community and was loved by all of us. We are moving into a new era now without her and for me now I have a sense of shock and emptiness. Although I knew this day was coming sooner rather than later, I am numb, very numb.

Thank you so much again Annette for informing us of Daloni's passing, I can feel your hurt in your post. I wish I was with you to give you a big Tvman hug. If you're in touch with Julia and her daughters, please convey my regards to them. I don't think regards is the right word, I think there's a better one but right now I can't think straight, it's a real shock to me as I'd known her for so long, such a sad day but I'm happy that she was in my life, lovely to have known her. I'm rambling on a little here. Wow so many thoughts of reading her posts in which she always, always chose the right words and was a massive help for everyone.

Thank you Annette.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.