Three Good Things

• 1523 replies
  • 77 subscribers

I know that started this brilliant idea so I wanted to carry it on for her and as the forum has become a little gloomy recently as we face loosing them both soon.

So

1. daloni and dizzie outlasted their prognosis by years and I am sure proved that you can have quality of life despite doctors best guesses and we all benefited from knowing them on here.

2. I just got back from a fabulous holiday in Galicia, northern Spain. I walked more than I have for months (chemo pushed me into a wheelchair) the food and wine was fab and I met old friends and laughed a lot.

3. Macmillan have admitted that their upgrade has been a bit sh*t and are working on improving it. Hurrah for Macmillan who have admitted it didn't go well. How many organisations actually come out and say that. 

I don't like to think that newbies think that we are a miserable lot, what struck me on here when I came was how much joy, laughter and living went on despite cancer.

Nicky 

• Hi Millie 

Wonderful to see your name again, haven't heard from you for ages. I was worried that your treatment wasn't going so well or you were having a lot of trouble signing in. Btw, how is that these days, are you signing on ok? For me, I don't always get on first time but I perservere. 

There was a fascinating programme on our terrestial TV schedule last night, about Hawaii and some of its islands. Beautiful, stunning, picturesque. Not enough adjectives in the English language to describe them, and also some beautifully colourful animals that you couldn't even begin to invent. 

This morning, on the Smithsonian channel, there is a documentary about the Hawaiian Islands, and at the moment Honolulu is the subject. The programme is talking about some islands individually. So far, nothing about Kauai... I'll let you know what is said next time.

Take care Millie and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi ,

great to hear from you. I fell silent when we list Daloni. Had myself a good cry. 
    also continuing problems with site. Got results from my PETMRI so going back on treatment on Wednesday. 
    getting ready to clean garden out for next spring. Putting in daffodils and tulips. Gardening always cheer me up. 
    what did you plant in your new poly tunnel. I have started a new bucket list and have put down Chelsey Flower Show! Even joined the Royal Horticulture Society. 

hope you are well and happy .

Hugs to all

Millie

• 1.went away for weekend to Nettleham Lincoln to see mother in law who’s 102!!

2 went to Cemetery with family and found loads of  conkers my grandson will love them!

3 Home now in my own bed lovely 

Each day a blessing stay strong 

• Hi Millie

I have never before participated in 3 good things but I feel that I need to choose 3 good things at least once in memory of the founder of this thread, the one and only Daloni. How she found the energy to perform all that she did, is beyond me. 

1. Made the decision to become a member of the Three Good Things club.
    2. Cooked a lovely roast chicken meal last night from start to finish on my own!.
    3. 40 mixed daffodils arrived for me. 50 mixed tulips to come yet. Took less than 24hrs for the daffodils to land on my doorstep from when I clicked on send to order them. Can't believe it!

I'll answer your questions in the Gardens, plants etc 2020, not the other gardening thread. Speak soon Millie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • 1. Spring is here, 26 degrees today

2. did mow that lawn

3.my ct scan was good !!!

And last but not least...i'm glad i found you all here , Pet

• Hi there so pleased that your scan results were good!!!!!!

Flippen
  • Hi, My Three Good Things are;-

1. Snap Tvman, my bulbs arrived today too but it was too cold to do any gardening! There's always tomorrow!

2  A Robin has come back to our garden and was eating from our feeders!

3 Apart from some side effects, life is wonderful, seeing the leaves change colour is amazing!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Seeds arriving so we can grow broad beans pleased we can plant something at this time of year

Being able to meet up with 2 old friends for lunch

walking form our house to the pub looking at the flowers on the way enjoying the sunshine.

Ruth 

• Hi Millie 

Great to hear from you too. How's your treatment going?.

I'm getting ready for planting daffodils and tulips, I've 50 daffodils and 40 tulips to plant. There's a bank outside our bedroom window where I already have a few daffodils and tulips. Yesterday I raked it all to reveal bare earth and I sowed a few hundred wild flower seeds then trampled some in, not all because surprise surprise the pain forced me to stop. I've ordered an attachment for my drill which is spiral shaped and it should effortlessly drill a hole so I can pop in a bulb of choice.

I haven't finished the polytunnel yet, as part of Corona virus restrictions, schools are closed for 2 weeks in Northern Ireland starting tomorrow so we'll get the framework built and in the spring when it's warm we'll get the plastic heated and stretched over the metalwork so at that point it'll be all systems go. I'll make sure I'll put a photo or two on the site. Today I'll be planting my garlic in a raised bed, garlic needs a cold period to help the cloves to swell in Spring.

I was at the Chelsea Flower Show about 3 years ago, the one and only time and it was brilliant. I'm not sure there'll be a show next year because of the virus but we'll see. I am not a member of the RHS so you have one up on me there. 

I'm going to copy this and put it on the Gardens, Plants etc thread because this is not the correct thread. 

Take care and stay safe Millie

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Difficult to reply to this when I clicked on the gardening posts came up,from 9 months ago.

Never mind it is good to hear you are planting your bulbs and getting the poly tunnel organised . It will be good to see the photos. Our daffodils just reappear every year.

we are going to bring in all the geraniums and  begonias today. As they have still been flowering but the frost is coming. We put the geraniums in the garage and the begonias on window ledges where we can in the house and keep for next year.

the hardy fuscias  stay out and are still very colourful 

I am feeling so well now it seems very strange to be well.

Ruth x

Ruth