SAD NEWS RE SKAILA AKA SUZIE !!!

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I am today posting a message I hoped I would never have to post. 

Many of you won't know me, as I don't often post on the Community - however many of you will know SKAILA or Sue. Hence today I have to inform you that Sue passed away this morning at 4am. Her dear only daughter was with her and she died peacefully and pain free at home with Hospice at Home care.

I will remember her as having an indominatable spirit along with a wicked sense of humour, as I'm sure many of you will do also !! We became firm friends over the past 6 years, having first met up on one of our Boat get togethers and have together met many other members of the community "face to face" and online plus being "old ladies behaving disgracefully" on many occasions !!

She loved travelling - particularly cruises and lived life to the full. Always had a ready smile in the face of all adversities and I certainly, for one, will miss her positivity and laughter.

She found good friends and much support and information from all in the Community - thank you all on her behalf.

Her daughter Samantha has asked me to post this and I will let you all know of future arrangements once we know more.

Sending you all

Much Love and comforting (((((hugs)))).

Diz xxxxx

• Thank you Diz,

I met Sue on my first visit to a meet up in London when I was sitting chatting to someone and she walked straight over, introduced herself and asked who we were.  I have been lucky enough to meet her at a couple of the York meet ups as well and for all her terminal diagnosis she had more life in her than most people I have met.

It was amusing at the most recent meet up when, wearing her eyepatch, she was dragging random foil packets of drugs out of her hand bag and asking those surrounding her which each one was as she could not see them properly.  For the people on the surrounding tables I think they would have struggled to work out if she was a pirate or a drug dealer.

When she became ill I intended to travel down to visit her but each time I mentioned it to anyone on the site she was so popular that they wanted to come along as well.  The lock down prevented us from going but had we done so there would have been more of us than at any of the York meet ups.  It was a pleasure to have her as a friend and I will miss her.  I know that and  have known her for longer than I have and know that they will especially miss her.

My thoughts are with her and her daughter Sam.

Gragon xx

• Hi Diz, thank you for posting this update for everyone. Although it was inevitable I never wanted it to happen. The only good thing about it is that Sue is at peace now and not in pain anymore. 
    Sue was a good friend to many of us with so much zest for life, and a brilliant sense of humour. She will live on in our memories, and there are so many memories of Sue at meet ups etc that we share.

If you can please pass on my love and condolences to Sam her daughter.

love and hugs

Maggie xx

• Thank You Diz

I had not spoken to Sue for a while, i did know she was not very well, i have just started back on the site.

So i am sorry to hear this news, Sue was here when i first joined and made us very welcome.

My thoughts are with her daughter and all that knew her/

Ellie x

"You Never Walk A Lone"

• Hi All,

asked me to let the other groups that Sue was a member of about her passing.  I have notified the Lung group which appeared to be the only other group that she was a regular contributor to.  However, in doing so I did notice that in typical Sue fashion, whilst not able to walk much and spending much of her time in bed and with a very short prognosis, a month ago she joined the travel insurance group.  She was someone who never stopped looking forward.

Gragon xx

• Hi All,

I just wanted to pop over and say that I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Skaila and to pass on my condolences to her daughter Sam. Skaila did visit the lung group but I have followed her story for quite a while so knew she was poorly.

Such sad news

Julie
  • Oh how sad! Sue had fought so well for so long. She posted in the "Hello to the nght shift" thread and was a breath of fresh air indeed. I know at the end of last year her Prof was 100% certain she would not make it until May20, it just goes to show no one really knows! 

I wonder how many of you saw her post in May which was a picture of a dog just after a bath, it was under the thread called "The Homecoming" when Daloni hadn't been well at all, and I remember laughing out loud when I saw that picture thinking how like Noodle that dog looked! Then Sue joined the Travel Ins Group as Gragon (I think said!). Sue will be sadly missed and I wish her daughter Sam strength to get her through the coming months!

Diz & Maggie its goon to see you post but sorry it is under such sad circumstances!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

This is so sad. I met Sue at the meet-up in York and she was a breath of fresh air. If anyone is in touch with her daughter, please pass on my condolences.

• Oh! She made me laugh, I enjoyed meeting her in York absolutely ages ago. 

I am glad she was with her daughter, and was comfortable x

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Oh this is sad for us but at least Sue isn’t suffering anymore. Not I think she would’ve admitted that she was suffering.

The last time I saw Sue was at the May meet up in York. Sue was wearing an eyepatch as she had a tumour on her retina. She spent some of the time holding her hand up to each eye m in turn and telling us what different colours she could see. It was hilarious. Sue was hilarious.

Many of us here will miss her deeply. I can only imagine how much Samantha will miss her. Please pass on my sincere condolences to her.