Hello

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 24 replies
  • 45 subscribers

Hi I am new to the group

I am 41, stage 4 uterine cancer diagnosed Sept 2019. Finished palliative chemo Feb 2020. 

After 22 years of being a pair I am now going it alone after my husband couldn't cope and walked out on me.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello

Georgie

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Georgie

i just wanted to say hello Too and that you are not alone.  The people in this group are wonderful and you wil always find someone to respond at support you with happy news and when things are morHuggingchallenging . I am so sorry about your personal circumstance. As everyone says this is a club none of us wanted to be a member of but now you are here we will all look forward to supporting you anHugginggetting  to know you any ways that you want. We are not a partner but we all have some form of cancer and are here if you want to speak to us. Please take care , I send you love , best wishes and Huggingvirtual Hugging xxxx

• Hi there welcome to the group you are never alone on here day or night you will always get a response from someone I live alone and know how hard it is we all help each other out on here in good times and bad xx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

Snap! Is that in poor taste? I was diagnosed with grade 3, stage 3c2 uterine cancer in 2014; told it was back and this time it was here to stay in March 2016. My husband hung around for a couple of years but in the end it proved too much and off he b****ed with his ski instructor in March 2018. We’d been married 18 years and had two teenagers. 

I am back on my feet and while I’d rather it hadn’t happened (any of it) I am happy. I know that we loved each other and I believe he still loves me, even if he can’t be with me. I feel sad for my ex who is always going to be the man who left his dying wife. I don’t think he will ever be truly happy again. 

I am so sorry you find yourself needing this community but I hope you’ll find it a source of companionship and comfort. I know I do. 

xx

• It is sometimes embarrassing to be a man. I have read on here a number of occurrences where the husband/partner could not deal with supporting their better halves, but I have yet to read of any lady doing likewise. Shame on us geezers

Per Ardua Ad Astra
  • John Boy2 has made it very clear. There is never an excuse, if you are a man ask for help don't just bugger off. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to John Boy2

Hi

I take your point. I bet you can’t imagine leaving your partner or wife at her most vulnerable. Most men can’t. But a substantial minority can and do. When I told my oncologist what had happened, she said it was sadly very common. Apparently one half of marriages break down under the strain of cancer. I do know one woman who left her husband but it’s usually the other way round. 

• I have got the hump reading and thinking about all the women who have been left to suffer alone. And leaving kids, they should be shot. Snowflakes! 

• They are not men, as you said women do not walk a way, sorry to say at times they are just whips.Present company not included.                           Take Care Ellie x                                                                                                                        

• Hi

Welcome to the group but I dearly wish that I had met you elsewhere. You're so young at 41 to be at that stage of life. I have an incurable blood cancer which isn't diagnosed with stages but I've been here long enough to understand that when another cancer is diagnosed as stage 4, that's not where anyone wants to be or indeed when a first diagnosis is stage 4, then that is so concerning to that person, so hard to take in. We can't cure you, what we can do is to give you support and friendship in abundance. I have never come across any site such as this that gives you a warm feeling when you know that people care about you.

Georgie, you are facing as difficult a situation in that you have to do this alone when you would have expected  22 years of marriage to provide the best buddy to tackle this stage of life. Unfortunately for whatever reason he has walked out on you. I hope with all hope that he returns to mend whatever it was that has caused him to leave. It's now that along with others, I also feel shame and embarrassment. I don't know why that is, I'd love to find out. I'd also like to be in contact with your husband to try to broker a deal to get him to return. 

Georgie, there is at least one other person who had misfortune to mirror your situation. It's not for me to name them but I'm sure, knowing her and knowing her nature, she will contact you if she hasn't already done so. She's a lovely lady that gives everyone support in this group. To be truthful, she's not the only one, I don't know anyone here who doesn't give support.

Georgie, I hope you feel welcome here and let us know how your treatment goes. I know you said your palliative chemo has finished, but have you been offered a trial or have you asked to see if there is one? 

Take care and stay safe

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

I have a similar story. My husband of 24 years left me for a younger woman within months of my terminal diagnosis. He has alienated his whole family to set up home with an alcoholic and her feral kids.