Talking to people who are in the same situation

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 26 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi am new to all this a little shy not really sure what to say to start x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

See! I knew you’d get it.  I just knew it. 

I am back home after another round of chemo yesterday. It was entirely uneventful. The nurse found a vein first time and all the bags of fluid were ready in good time. The cannula behaved itself and didn’t keep blocking with every movement of my arm. I got some crochet done while I listened to my audiobook (The Mermaid and Mrs Hancock by Imogen Hermes Gowar, read by Juliet Stevenson - excellent) and had a good nap. I got home to find my sister cooking dinner. She’s here for the weekend. 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi everyone well I am finally coming round a little from my chemo last Tuesday have felt really strange like I have been here but not here or or on another planet saw some family Saturday trying to enjoy a little BBQ it was my choice to go but I just wanted to come home all night but did not show it and just tried to smile maybe I overdid it and thats why I have been exhausted does anybody else do this try to keep things normal so its easier on your family? X

• FormerMember

I do and then find it gets too much for me. Dont like to burden them with how I am really feeling . X

• Hi, I think you will find we all do it! When someone asks how we are we paste on a smile, regardless how we feel and say "I'm fine thanks"! We try to put a brave face on for our family and friends and then when we get home, collapse in a heap!  Yes it's all about family! We should really try to pace ourselves but it doesn't always work!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi  Charlotte Louise,

I know that feeling.  I don't know if it is the chemo or the steroids, but I get quite depressed after chemo. It is hard to be motivated to do anything and I have very little patience. When I feel like that I just want to be left alone. Sometimes I can put on the brave face, other times I just have to tell people that I'm not feeling that great and that I just need some peace and quiet to recover. I know that that makes people worry, but when all that is going on on I can't waste what little energy I have I have worrying about people worrying!

• FormerMember
    1. Its not good to know you feel that way but its is good to know that your not on your own with these feelings am the same I dread chemo I get a bit of peace when my hubby goes to work but normally end up just sleeping instead of trying to get bits of housework done then I get more depressed cos the house is not how I like it then the next day you get up and its the same old feeling rubbish and exhausted and like you say haven't got the energy to worry about others x