Tiny niggles all add up

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 23 replies
  • 48 subscribers

Hello my friends, 

I have been absent from the community for a few days beset by a series of small niggles that have all added up to the point where I’ve felt overwhelmed. Each of them is minor but put them together and it’s all been a bit too much. 

For a start, there are the mouth ulcers that are making eating painful. I have followed the advice various people gave me and I am managing them better but they won’t heal. The largest, on my tongue, is the size of a penny. 

Then there are the skin splits on my thumbs and forefinger. The finger split in particular has made typing on my iPhone painful. My phone won’t recognise my finger print so  I am repeatedly typing my PIN.  They won’t heal although at least they have stopped weeping now (I’m on blood thinners so I struggled to make a decent scab). Now I’m developing an ulcerated area on my coccyx. 

I already have lymphoedema in my legs and last week this suddenly worsened, despite my wearing the ghastly stockings in the heat. I put on 4lb in weight over 24 hours as the fluid accumulated and now I can no longer kneel comfortably. 

Then there’s the pain and fatigue. It’s now five weeks since they zapped my spinal tumour and I had rather hoped to be seeing the benefits. Unfortunately both are getting worse. My bladder control - the trigger symptom that kick started last month’s saga - is not improving either and don’t get me started on the insomnia. 

I have taken advice about each of these discomforts. My CNS says lots of “her ladies” have also had their lymphoedema worsen. My GP wants to do a thorough work up to check for vitamin deficiencies. 

As is often the way, coping is about getting my head on the right way round, practising gratitude and hoiking my big girl pants up good and proper. Operation sew some Velcro into my armpits has commenced 

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi

How nice to meet you, and thank you for your kind words. Welcome to the community, too. I do hope we will hear more from you. 

I think the words from your dad are very wise. It’s true. It’s only pain and it won’t kill me. I think this is something I am going to use by turning it into a mantra and repeating it to myself. Sometimes a mantra can really help. I’m very keen to find ways to cope with pain other than using medication. 

xx

• FormerMember

Good morning Daloni,

I hope this wet and cold day finds you feeling a little better and on the mend. I hope your new mantra helps.

Sending you very best wishes for improvement. xx

• FormerMember

Thanks, . I have had a restful day so far including a high quality afternoon nap while the cleaner came round. I am beginning to feel slightly more human now

xx