The Homecoming

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 83 replies
  • 47 subscribers

Hi! 

I feel like it’s time to change the record. Thank you, my lovely friends, for the sympathy, the laughs and the silliness in the bad news discussion. But it’s time! I’ve got the green light from the consultant to go home. Onwards and upwards. 

The next steps for me are managing the transition in the pain control and getting some R&R. I expect a phone call from my consultant oncologist today to talk about a course of palliative chemo. It’s not something I’m looking forward to but if she believes it will bring more good than harm I’ll go with it. 

I’ll stop now. I’m very tired and poking thud tiny little phone keyboard is doing my head in 

My love to you all. I wish you peace and comfort 

xx

• They sorted you out before and they will sort you out again daloni. They will be learning as to what you best respond to and how to progress with treatment when this happens.

You will know all this but I hope you are in the land of nod or at the very best well out of it.

The sun will still be here for when you next get home. Please get well.

• Sorry to hear this .

hope they get the pain sorted ASAP xxx

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi daloni 

sorry to hear about your pain and glad that your daughter was able to get you to hospital. On. Such a sunny day it would be nicer to be in your garden! However you are in the right place, I am sure they will be a let to help you get on top of the pain and safely home. Please take care xxx

• FormerMember

Oh daloni that’s such rotten news, I do hope you get home to sit in the sun again soon once your pain is sorted xxx

• Hi Daloni

What a night.  I hope you're getting some rest and the team are getting on top of the pain.  Look after yourself. 

As for being in a hospital bed again - I don't know if you were following the antics of "Captain Tom" but he was asked how he coped with lockdown and he said something along the lines that his mind was always free ....  so wishing you happy thoughts and dreams xx

Carpe Diem
    Deb1E
  • FormerMember

Hi Daloni

So sorry to hear you have had to return to hospital, but you obviously need help. Strangle the president girl not the cat! Wink Get your priorities right. Stuck out tongue winking eye I hope that you soon start to feel better and receive some chocolate soon. Big hugs and my best wishes. Hugging

Michele xxx

• FormerMember

Great thought ! My kind of thinking. 
    The chocolate situation is in hand, Michele and I appreciate your concern. 
    I really hope no one has to be strangled, . The hallucinations are wild. I was talking to my BF on the phone earlier while abseiling down the side of an enormous azure sky scraper. I think I’m in danger of going full Byron. 

• Hello daloni, glad you are able to deliver some thoughts although are you sure you are not being treated with LSD, abseiling down a skyscraper is a typical trip sensation I believe?

Also a bit concerned over the closeness of the allusion to strangling and my name. Probably means nothing but I can be a bit over worried these days.

Toodle pip, get home soon.

• FormerMember

I hope the hospital can get on top of your pain soon, . Is it the pain medication that's causing the hallucinations? Abseiling down a skyscraper sounds much more pleasant than strangling a cat, at any rate, though it's not exactly restful. But you should probably pass on trying to swim across the Bosphorus. 

I'm glad your older daughter has overcome her fears and is home & back to herself again. This  is so difficult for both your girls, and they appear to be coping admirably. It's good that they can support one another. You must be proud of them.

Sending gentle hugs.

Xx

• FormerMember

Spot on in every respect. 

The pain is easing slowly, as in I feel it’s getting better rather than being controlled with ever increasing doses of mind altering drugs. Phew! 

xx