More bad news

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Spoke to my consultant on Monday following a CT scan last week and the news wasn’t good. It showed that from the last scan the cancer has got much worse in my lungs and on my liver added to that there is now fluid on my lungs. Was due chemo today but it’s been deferred until next Wednesday depending on my bloods. I was brave or foolish and asked about a prognosis she said it could be a few weeks or a few months but no longer than that. 
Now it’s come to this I’m really quite scared I know my husband and daughter are devastated. 
Sorry to post such depressing news 

• Hi ,

So sorry to hear your news and I wish that there was something I could say or do to make it all better but I'm afraid that I have nothing.  However, does the fact that they are still looking at you continuing your chemo mean that they still think it might have some impact upon the cancer?  It seems to be a bit strange to give it to you if they don't think it will do anything?

I'm sorry but I can't remember from previous discussions, have you discussed any other options or trials with your oncologist?  Perhaps that might be an option?

Wishing you all the best,

Gragon xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Gragon

Hi hazel sorry to hear your devastating news, please don’t be sorry for posting anything, it’s what we are here for.  Did the consultant mention anything about palliative care services? Now is the time for them to kick in, they can support you and your family as well, even in times of Covid, they should be available to you. You may need to reach out for help from your gp and I guess you may not feel like it at all but please do, as the more support you have the better.

there are no words that will help but I wanted to let you know I am thinking of you and your family right now, heather xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh  I'm so very sorry to hear this.

You've been through such a lot since your secondary cancer diagnosis. This is the news that we all dread but must still come as a shock.

As  says there must be a reason for continuing with chemo for now. I hope your team will be able to come up with another plan for you that will make the way ahead less scary.

It must be so much harder in the middle of this crisis when there are no face to face appointments and all the cancer support services are disrupted, but I was told that in these circumstances my care would be managed by my GP and palliative care team. 

I'm sorry I don't have anything to say that will help, but I'm thinking of you and your family and sending you much love and best wishes.

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh Hazel like others i am so sorry to hear your new's.

One never knows what to say and really there is nothing that would help

Every one will have you in there thought's, i agree with Gragon regarding the chemo.

Take Care Ellie xx

"You Never Walk A Lone "

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I'm sorry to hear your news, . There's nothing I can say that the other posters haven't said already. I just want to let you know you have my support, too. 

Xx

• Hi To be honest with you, I can't understand why the oncologist would say "could be a few weeks, months"! Because no one knows for sure so please don't dwell on dying but on living for as long as you possibly can! As you probably know there are lots of us here passed our predicted sell by date. I say incurable not terminal because who knows! Gragon is right, if they didn't think there was a chance of chemo working then they wouldn't give it to you, it's far too expensive to be honest! There is as much chance of it working as not working. I and others here know how scary it is and it's easier said than done, especially at the moment but try to do something you enjoy. I don't know how old your daughter is but what about a board game you can all play! Make memories with your family and I hope your chemo works well for you! 

Never apologise to this group please. As has been said, that is why the Group exists! There's someone here to chat with most of the day and night, so come here when you need to!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!