Carboplatin

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 11 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I have had one cycle of Carboplatin on 1 April and have felt so rough. I’ve had almost constant diarrhoea, and on one leg just above my knee are some small spots. I don’t have a temperature.

I was just wondering if anyone else had been on this drug and if they had any side effects. I’m reluctant to ring the emergency number and waste anyone’s time. 

I also think this is the last drug my oncologist will try

so I was determined to try and stick it out, any help will be much appreciated 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Sorry to hear that. So what is causing the diarrhoea? I know when I was on carboplatin I also had to take a tablet at home the following week. The first time I took this tablet I had exploding diarrheia and I was in such a mess, shaking felt so ill, so I refused to take another one . They were ok with this it just meant I had to go into chemo ward and had it in my arm. Are you taking these tablets as well as the carboplatin. I can not remember what it were called. Are you drinking lots of water?  I know I also had loads of indigestion and felt nauseous. The anti viral tablets didn’t help. An Indian lady at the chemist  told me to take root ginger. She said cut it up in small slices and infuse with boiling water drain it then add a tea bag, milk and it worked. . Hope you feel better soon. I feel for you. Take care.

Ann