CBD Oil

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 7 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Has anyone had any experience of using this?

• Hey Cath, 

Yes, I tried some right after it was first brought out. 

You have to drop the oil under your tongue and hold it there to absorb it, because stomach acid destroys it. It just made me gag, a lot, and I found no benefit from it at all. And it was, don't know if it still is, really expensive! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hiya,

Yes, for 18 months I had "frozen shoulder" (it wasn't - it turned out to be tumours in my neck and armpit pressing on a nerve). Anyway, when cocodamol and naproxen failed to help the "frozen shoulder"  I tried CBD. It gave me a lot of relief.  I did use the strongest I could find, though. I've also used it on my doggies on and around Bonfire Night - it calmed one down enough for her to sleep through and calmed the other one enough so that she wasn't trying to climb behind the fridge/TV/up her own bum anymore.

I no longer take it though, because it's being touted for menopausal symptoms and until someone can definitively answer whether it increases/has an effect on oestrogen, I'm not risking it. I don't need more oestrogen.  It's a shame, because it really worked for me. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Yes I use it, I found it helped with pain and queasiness, you do need to be careful though, for example you should not take it if you are on immunotherapy. And you need to buy the proper stuff.

but beware people saying it will fix your cancer, not true I’m afraid (there is a good cancer research blog on the false claims). Do your research first x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks all, I’m trying to research other things that might be helpful to do alongside treatment. I feel like I want to attack it from as many angles as possible!

• Hi

Make sure that you tell your oncologist that you are on it if you have chemo, they don't like you taking supplements or herbal medicines as it can affect the effectiveness of the treatment. 

A life lived in fear, is a life half lived.
    Nicky
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Nicky Nosher

Hi

I did use it between my op and the cancer recurring. I stopped when I got put onto chemo though. 

I'm currently on immunotherapy and I've read research that suggests that it actually dampens the efficacy of immunotherapy because it works in almost the same way. For this reason I'm no longer using it but when (if!) I "re-recurr" I will be using it again. Nothing to lose imo. 

Like the poster above said, be sure to tell your onc if you're using it, especially if you're on treatment (but you should really tell them anyway) as it can definitely interact with conventional treatments (as can any non-conventional treatment) 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi I live in somerset and being treated at Taunton Beacon center. Are you too?