Scan results

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 6 replies
  • 41 subscribers

i go for ct scan tomorrow at 6pm I have oncology appointment on Monday will they have the results by then.The last scan I had I went away on holiday for two weeks so had results when I got back.I think it takes longer for them to get them but thought I would ask. Thanks 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Morning  

It's taking up to 4 weeks to get scans reported here so there probably won't be an official report. My Consultant would certainly have had a look at the scan himself and have a very good idea of what it shows.

I hope it's good news.

All the best,

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Tinalay wasn’t sure just be glad to find out trying to forget till then but not working.

Just have to keep my fingers crossed take care 

• The report normally takes about 2= weeks but can be as long as as a month. Unless your oncologist is prepared to look at the scan for you . I tend o phone the X ray dept and they will tell me if it has been reported on and then arrange to have the appointment when I know there is a report o discuss.

my oncologist will email the report to me or he will will print me off a copy when I see him

Ruth 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to ruthjp

Thanks Ruthip for your reply it’s good to know what happens Fingers crossed 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

My experience is the same as others here. I had a scan last Tuesday, it was looked at the next day by the multidisciplinary team and my oncologist was able to give me a verbal report the next day even though there was no official report with measurements. So I hope you might get some feedback although it might depend on how senior a person you see. A consultant would likely be confident to give you early feedback ahead of a report. A registrar might not. At any rate, you might get them to agree to phone you if there’s a long wait before the next appointment  

Fingers crossed. We all know how hard the waiting can be

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks Daloni I have a appointment on Monday so I hope to find out something then.

Take care