Public Service Announcement!

• 9 replies
  • 42 subscribers

It's Pancake Day today! So get those crepes bought or made ready for your tea! 

Remember, main course and pudding are crepe worthy, so don't just relegate them to dessert! 

Lass

Xx

• I can usually manage to eat about 10, with sugar and lemon

Xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for the reminder . I had all the ingredients including a lemon and we really enjoyed them.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Thanks for reminder - we've (hubby, son and me) just enjoyed ours with lemon and sugar - yum yum Slight smile

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

what's your recipe, for pancakes, glad you enjoyed yours Lass

• FormerMember

Recipe - was a pancake mix from sainsbury's and get hubby to cook them Slight smile

debs xx

• FormerMember

Hi 

I am late to the party again but I wasn’t late with the pancakes. I made them with half plain flour and half ground oats for a bit of wholesomeness then stuffed them with asparagus and cheese sauce for the main course, lemon and brown sugar for desert. Absolutely banging. 

xx

• Well, the funniest thing is that I will finally be getting my pancakes today! lol

I wasn't fit enough to stand and cook the pancakes on Tuesday, so after my exercise class I nipped to the Asda round the corner to grab some ready made pancakes...... BUT THEY HAD NONE!!!!!

So I added them to the online shopping I had arriving last night, so will eat them today for lunch and probably tea too. lol. So I've some quorn chicken pieces I'm going to do in a mushroom sauce with baby sweetcorn, mange tout, and maybe some asparagus. Then for dessert, I treated myself to some Gu Chocolate and hazelnut spread because it was on sale. So fingers crossed it's at least as good as Nutella!

Lass

xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Hi

I know what you mean. I had to bring a stool up to the hob to cook the pancakes. I do hope you enjoy your late shrove Tuesday. Your meal plan sounds awesome. 
    xxx

• I had cherry pie filling with ice cream like the jubilee pancakes that were my favorite from the little chef motorway cafes when I was younger. Very nice xx