One of Those Days

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 22 replies
  • 42 subscribers

So do u get those curveball days u weren't expecting? 

It starts off by me waking at 10am! Amazing but not what I needed 2day - I said I'd go into work 4 a few hours & I'm a couple of hours behind pain relief - ouch!

Email from BCN (she'd tried 2 phone but I silence everything!) - my platelets r 2 low 4 chemo #2 of this latest regime 2morrow. All syked up. Was not expecting that in a million years. Have bn stable Mabel the last 3 weeks!

Bloods was a nightmare y'day & now we've got 2 repeat them nxt Wed! 4 x attempts by 2 x nurses who had 2 come 2 the house.

And missed a call from my GP - my silent phone again! Got hold of her later 4 a verbal catch up. She's a new doc 4 me with my original doc retiring last spring, so far she seems really switched on & agreeable with my ideas/wishes.

Bumped into a woman i know & started a blether as I stood at the bus stop & turns out she's had 1/2 bowel & a tumour removed last summer...does it ever end?

Made it 2 work & as usual got carried away - 4 hours later I depart having had a cake & a coke 4 lunch (haha stopped the steroid munching!!!)

So 2morrow will b a calmer day. Got my man 2 myself as he planned 2 b chauffeur & companion 4 chemo trip (something he's only done once b4 - yeah I'm independent & it's a waste of holidays). Lunch out methinks.

Nearly drugtime & bedtime - perhaps a few more episodes of Silent Witness on iplayer (my downfall!)

Night all

WB xx

• Hi  Pat, 

Thanks for your post, my dog sometimes poos three times a day, it's normally twice though. I feel I have to share the chores, I have a metal chair that I trail around on which I rest several times. I get quite annoyed when I go to do something and my wife mainly, my son occasionally, says to me that I can't do whatever I'm about to do. I can do just about anything around the house, painful, yes, but it makes me even more determined to do the task!

Pat, I have better than a hot water bottle, I have a heated underblanket. We have an Alexa which is programmed to turn it on at 8.30pm and off at midnight. If I'm in bed through the day, and I want it on, I say, "Alexa, blanket on" and when I'm warm enough, I say, "Alexa, blanket off". Technology is making life easier. It's my son's idea, that's his forté, and we  can turn the lights on in the living room from anywhere in the world. He does web design for a living so he's au fait with techy things.

I don't know when I will get the heart monitor, I was told 7 years ago after a heart scan that I have heart disease, I had a couple of arteries that were 50 to 60 per cent blocked so maybe they're worse now. The artery that I had stented 8 years ago was around 70% blocked. It's the main artery in the left side of my heart, called 'left anterior descending'(L.A.D.), nicknamed the 'widowmaker'! I'm so lucky that I was in the heart ward and was wired up to machines. The day before, I had an appointment for a dye test of my heart where a dye was inserted and my heart pumped it around my body and then the consultant could see it in the scanner. So the consultant looked at it, called someone else over, they studied their screen, occasionally looked in my direction then they were on the phone for a while. Eventually, one of them approached me and told me that they had a bed for me.. I was flabbergasted,  as was my wife when I called her up from the car park and one of the doctors spoke to her. I had the heart attack around 3am the following day, I hadn't been in hospital for 24 hours! Wasn't I lucky?

So how are you Pat? I know that you're not good, if you want to talk, I'm here. 

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi

This is one of those times when a 'like' button is nowhere near enough, doesn't express enough emotions. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, and yes, I am a perfectionist Slight smile

Take care

Tvman xx

Love life and family.