Having a wobble

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 41 subscribers

Hi, I've joined a while ago and have found  support from reading your posts.  I was diagnosed with grade 3 distal carcenoma 10 years ago.  I am also triple x.  After a year of two ops, chemo and radiotherapy I went into remission getting the all clear after 6 years.  I was 43 when it all started.

All went well until last year when I was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in Feb.  I was getting this under control with meds and diet but one of my bloods was showing no improvement with liver function levels and after various scans in August was told my breast cancer had spread to my liver and lungs grade 4.

I have had 6 session s of docetaxel and have been relatively ok.  Still working 

Most the time albeit from home.  Dealing with hubby and 13 year old son and my mum who has dementia and in a care home.  Even up to now coped with the side effects - the aches pains,dry skin, diarrhoea and constipation,  now have finger nail coming off and the horrible white tongue and not liking the taste of anything. 

I went for my 7th chemo yesterday and just couldn't do it.  I was tired, fed up and couldn't face it.  I feel guilty for putting people through any hassle - bless them they are arranging another next week.  I am a bit surprised at myself as I have been fine up to now and don't know where the wobble has come from. 

A few years- first time so perhaps I needed to have a cry - a little sound off to you starting to feel a little better.

Xxxx to you all

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Dear given everything you have been through you qualify for a wobbly moment or two, your not a machine and we all have our limits. I think it’s nature’s way of telling you that you need to slow down a bit and enjoy the scenery instead of rushing around. Also never underestimate the emotional strain of having a mother with dementia, I’m sure when you visit her it must be a sad and happy experience all rolled into one, and what can I say about having a teenager in the house, hormones hormones and more hormones ! ! ! When I have felt like you in the past I do a reboot, which involves getting anything or anybody who doesn’t have my best interests at the heart of what they do sidelined. It’s ok to prioritise you own needs when necessary, as your mental wellbeing is just a important as any drug you might be taking.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

So so true - loads of hormones with my son and some sadness with mum but so much joy from both.

I like the idea of a reboot - a mental reboot on it's way .

Thank you. Debs

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Debs

Crikey! You have a lot on your plate. I am not surprised you’ve had a wobble (or a womble as we call them in the womb cancer group). Did it feel good to take control and say no? 

Chemo takes a tremendous amount out of us. It’s more than the physical I think. It’s the knowing what’s coming and still walking through the door of the chemo unit and offering up that arm. It takes guts to keep going but it takes more to say “enough”. I don’t think you’ve got anything to feel guilty about. 

It’s nice to meet you - and do sound off whenever you feel the need. There is always a listening ear and a virtual shoulder to cry on here. 

Love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember

That's what I love about these posts so much support and something that will always make me smile - wobble it is.

I never thought about it as taking control but as a weakness but now, yes I needed to take control and just slow down for a moment- time to reboot before moving on.  So yes feels good.

Ps happy birthday xxx debs

• FormerMember

PPS  meant to say Womble it is!!!

• FormerMember

A wobble after 6 chemos with all that to cope with on your plate? My word you are doing better than me, I had a major wobble after chemo 1.

if you are have a womble then I would say this is the place to be....lots of sympathetic people and people who will understand when no one else does!

listen to your body, if you need a rest, you need a rest, and you will feel all the better for it.

hoping you are having a good day, and feeling a bit happier now

love heather x

• FormerMember

Hi

Just to let you know got over my womble with that extra time.  Had my 7th docetaxel today.  One more and then a long rest for my body - will have a scan (new baseline) then closely monitored - but rest from the chemo.  

Have already booked a little holiday with family in April yah

:)

• FormerMember

Hi

Well that’s good news. I hope the rest of the chemo passes uneventfully and that the weeks until your holiday fly past. 

lots of love 

xxx

• FormerMember

Glad you are feeling a bit better, you can womble or wobble anytime you like with this forum, we all take it in turns and know how you feel. I have so many wobbles I am learning to understand it will pass, although it doesn't feel like it at the time. You have a lot to deal with so you can have double wombles! and we will support and care for you all the way, you will find lots of affection, bravery and humour here. Lovely to meet you. Speak again soon. love Pat (shortfriend) xx