Oral surgery

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 41 subscribers

Hello

I went to see an oral surgeon  today as I had lost a crown at the back of my mouth which cant be replaced due to the tooth having deteriorated.   I have been told there is no problem with taking it out but because I have Denosumab injections that these may well cause me problems, specifically in my jaw.  It is apparently according to the surgeon highly likely this will happen.  So I go in with one problem and  come out with another.  I will have to have antibiotics an hour before the procedure and take them afterwards. If the problem  with the jaw arises I will be on them for quite a while and will need more check ups. I have been told that if the jaw problem arises it will be uncomfortable.  Just another thing I dont need in my life. 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am so sorry to hear about this next and new delightful problem. Honestly, if it’s not one thing it’s another. 

If it’s any help, I’ve had many, many doctors who were all too keen to deliver bad news and warn of horrors to come. I’ve got myself all worked up and then nothing nearly so bad as they told me has happened. I hope it’s the same for you. 

Xxx