High days and low days

• 52 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi

Just putting this out there don't know what order this post will come out in as I am just typing as I think of things so apologies in advance if it is bit mumbled, grammatically incorrect or full of typos.

I had my ONC appointment today - last scan was in OCTOBER yes OCTOBER. although I knew from my BCN that the cancer was stable, this was the first chance to speak to my ONC. I should be happy that I am stable mabel but it just serves as a reminder. I am on my week break from oral chemo so have worked out that I always feel low on my week break, does anyone else have these symptoms?

I am being sent for a further bone and CT scan in Jan so waiting for appointment.  ONC seem pleased at the moment so why am I not?  I think it just serves as a reminder whenever I have to see the ONC of my condition.

I have been on Leterzole since April and over the last few day my leg and particularly my calves are aching.  Calves cramp up.  I have not really had many side effect of Leterzole so far but think this maybe the start.  I know there are people who cannot tolerate this drug so am grateful for this and that the palbocicib appear to have shrunk the tumour.

Enough Maudling now I have things to be thankful for I have just returned from a fantastic 2week holiday - absolutely NO pain the sun and vitamin D did do wonders whilst I was away and I was spoilt rotten.

To completely change the subject now, my partner and I of 15 years are most likely getting married next year - if my divorce comes through (split from ex 19 years ago - long boring story) I want a pyjama wedding. EVERYONE wears PJs even me.  I will have a fancy designer pair.  I just want guests to be comfortable and will be a small registry office and celebration with about 30 people. Is that a stupid idea?

sorry for the  ramble. I hope all is going as good as it can be for my cyber friends  which means YOU

much  love

Iamlyn   

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to IamLyn

Hi

Speaking as a former journalist, I can see your story running in one of the true life women’s mags. It’s got it all. A dying woman’s last wish to marry her true love thwarted by vile ex. Classy, eh?Joy

xx

• FormerMember

When you think of it. What if he died first? That would give you some rights of ownership of his estate and such. Honestly some of these life incidents online here are and I agree with the magazine storyline. They are more entertaining than a soap opera. Boy... don’t we have damn good lives? I’m always part of the village grapevine because the village thinks I’m a witch. Least said soonest mended.

• The way  look at it, if people are talking about me then at least I must be interesting enough to talk about, good, bad or indifferent.

If he died first, I don't even think I would know, as for his estate, I really have not interest, although I am not sure if that is reciprocated. Although I don't have a pot to P**s in. I am rich in other ways, the love of my partner, family and friends.  When you really think about it, we are the lucky ones who realise that life is short and you need to make the most of everything.

Village grapevine eh, perhaps you need to do a bit of a witch dance to get them all talking.

I am  rooting all the way for you on the trial.

If I was a confident person, I probably would contact a magazine, but there is something (for me) that just does not want the world to know of my illness and I think that would make him dig his heels more.

TMI but when we split, I just walked away, I wanted nothing, not part of the business we had nor any of the property. When you have had enough you have had enough.  Money and material possessions have never made me happy.  People make me happy.

I owe no one nothing (money wise) we have a really good life and I am content with that. I just now want to protect my partner he deserves that.

IamLyn

• FormerMember

Lamlyn,

maybe Macmillan should start a radio show, then we could go on air. I should the show would go viral.

just got back home. Nearly two hours by bus, then 45 minutes walk to see my mum. She now has stage 5 Parkinson’s and today my mum scared me.  Had to be quiet the whole time or she would lose her temper, she is going through her delusional stage where she believes everybody is trying to harm her. Unfortunately s time went on, she needed help but wouldn't  cooperate. She is 87 years old, generally one of the loveliest mum’s around, her cheeky smile and twinkling eyes and her wonderful sense of humour makes her very popular. I’m proud of her being my mum. But when the staff of this care home tried to help her...she punched one of them. Not one but a few times. It was a shock to witness it. She is very, very ill. They want her to go into hospital, but because  previous hospital slapped a D.O.L on her she refuses to ever go near one. The main cause of death isn’t Parkinson’s but the compilations like infections that are the major cause of death. Chest infection being the worse as  makes the sufferer have difficulties in swallowing and the high risk of fluid reaching the lungs creating pneumonia. Right now I’m crying and scared as I believe my mum is dying. I cannot imagine my life without her. Being born an rubella child with deafness and her extraordinary mother skills and support has been a giant beacon in what to an deaf person can be a frightening world. She taught me to speak by putting her lips on my cheek, I can speak normally. You would know I am deaf. She got me on Surprise Surprise when Cilla Black hosted it. My mum wanted me to see my father I hadn’t seen since I was an toddler.  Cilla flew me by Concorde with Bob Carolgees and the rest is history. I don’t want to lose her but she is suffering. Has suffered greatly this year. Parkinson’s is a horrible thing to have and live with. She didn’t even marry an regular Englishman. No... she had to  and marry an Native American GI.i hope my mobile phone doesn’t buzz.  Want to be with her when the time comes.i hope I get to light a candle in church tomorrow for her.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Oh . My heart goes out to you. What a difficult thing to have to see. Is there nothing can be done to reduce your mum’s aggression and distress? I hope that, when the time comes, her release from the suffering will be peaceful and that you’ll be by her side. I shall light my own candle for her tomorrow when I am home. 
    with love 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks. Unfortunately the Parkinson’s like a demon at times. She has such difficulty swallowing, she has a great deal of weight and used to love her food. I am more afraid of her passing away while I’m not around. But she is in good caring hands. The care home had to get the paramedics out to her on Boxing Day. I’m going again on New Year’s Eve. I hope she doesn’t hurt anyone. It’s the first time the care home has experienced it. It’s taking three carers as my mum fights them, punching one of them. I couldn’t stay to watch it. I left. Was that awful of me? I’m certain my mum wouldn’t have wanted me to continue to observe it.  One thing for certain...it wouldn’t be safe to have her back with me. I can understand why Billy Connolly has stopped giving public appearances as the sufferer starts losing control of their behaviour. One of the main problems with Parkinson’s drugs like Manipur and Sinemet is that they bring fore impulsive and compulsive behaviour. Trouble is the side effects of these drugs can become permanent. Which is why Billy refused the drugs in the beginning. Plus the fact as the disease gets worse, the treatment becomes worse than the disease, the Parkinson’s .org even has online a fact sheet called when the treatment becomes worse than the disease. I bet a lot of people who are dealing with cancer, are also dealing with Parkinson’s themselves or relatives. The lord help anyone who has both. Thanks for praying. I’ll pray for you too.

• I am so sorry I missed your earlier post regarding your mum.  What a horrible thing to go through, I don't think it was awful not to watch it must be have been very distressing to witness. I personally have no experience with witnessing Parkinson's so cannot offer words of wisdom to you.  Only to say it must be hard to see this.

I will be thinking of you and your mum and hope you have a peaceful few days.

x

• FormerMember

Thanks Lamlyn & Daloni

ive lived with it 16 years. Even today, with all the experience I don’t always understand it or want to. But if anyone on this online community also has Parkinson’s to deal with, at least I can understand them and try to help in anyway I can. Micheal J Fox is brilliant, putting so much time and money into f8nding a cure. He has had recently some brain surgery. But the problem here is that him and Billy can afford a better choice of treatment. 

Like our cancer treatments, a lot of it isn’t within the means of the NHS. All these drugs, so close and yet out of reach due to the expense thAt the NHS cannot afford. 

• Sorry to hear you have worries about your Mum . Very difficult for you if she is aggressive. Hoped the staff will be able to look after her ok.

Older people can get mood changes and frustrations  not being able to,do things they used to.

my mum died this year and I do miss her but she was having a miserable time with others having to do things for her she told me she had had enough.

i was able to be with her when she died and looked after her in the hospital.

i hope it all,works out ok for you and your Mum 

Ruth 

• Hi

My heart goes out to you having to witness that, the actions of the most important and dearest woman in your life. To make it worse, she's a most gentle and kind lady.

Two aunts of my wife reached the grand old age of 100 before they died, they were sisters, had never married and lived in the same house, along with another unmarried sister who will be 100 on New Year's Day. Both of the now deceased sisters were pillars of the church, were generous and kind, and were the nicest people you would ever meet. 

However, they both had severe dementia and although neither of them would have hurt a fly while the lived, both began to attack their carers, hitting and scrabbing all who came near them before they died, one of them was deaf and blind when she departed.

The third sister who will be 100 on New Year's Day has unfortunately succumbed to the same illness and she will have little idea of what is happening. She will receive The Queen's card and because we live on the island of Ireland, she will also receive a card from the head of the Irish Free State and in fact more of a monetary gift than comes from The Queen!

It's so sad to see someone we care so much about, leaving this Earth in that fashion, the sooner a cure is found the better.

Take care JackD.

Tvman

Love life and family.