Oh no!

• 63 replies
  • 43 subscribers

Hi everyone

Just wanted to let you know what happened to me earlier today.

It's a usual Tuesday morning, my wife and son leave for work about 8.15am, and just me and the dog left. It was a horrible morning, wind howling and  rain falling incessantly. No point getting up and freezing with no heating on, I'll be going to the MacMillan exercise class about 12. I'll stay in bed.

About 11.00am the doorbell rang and I made my way slowly up the hall turned left and there's a Yodel van and the driver standing with a large box. Now I'm wearing pyjamas and a pair of socks. So I open the inside door into the porch, squeeze my way into the porch, keeping the dog in the hall and closed the door behind me, opened the front door and signed the delivery guy's pad, thanked him, closed the front door and turned around to open the inside door.

It's locked! It's locked! Am I sure? Tried it again and yes, it's definitely locked! OMG. Ok, what now? I have no keys hidden anywhere. Right! Think, think! My wife and son both work in Comber, about 8 miles away. My mother in law lives over the hill from me about ½ mile away, and my brother in law, Peter also over the hill, just, but Peter, he's at work in Belfast. I need to ring my wife to get her to come home and let me in which is why I'm going to my mother in law's, aged 95, to use her phone. 

Well, it's still raining and quite breezy and I have no choice but to try to make it to her house, in my pyjamas and socks. Remember, I'm a wheelchair user, however I can walk a little but then the pain, in shovelfuls, kicks in. I had to rest against trees, hang on to gates and branches. Not one car passed me, although I'm not sure a driver would have stopped for a rain soaked, bent over man, his face contorted with pain. I wouldn't. All the time I was thinking, "neutropenic, neutrophils, neutropenia, death of cold, death FROM cold". I was freezing and starting to get a little numb.

I had just gone over the crest of the hill and my brother in law came round the side of his house to the roadside. I shouted "Peter, Peter" and he stopped in his tracks, turned around and a look of disbelief came over his face. He told me later that when he saw me walking towards him, water dripping off my face, wearing just pyjamas and socks which were dripping wet, well, you can guess the rest. In hope he asked "Locked out?" and I could only nod!

He brought me into the house, gave me clean dry socks and drove me to Comber, picked up my son's keys and drove me home. I even had time to go to the leisure centre, I missed the exercise class but I was just in time for the Christmas dinner, yay! I tell you what, I had the most interesting topic to talk about.

Hope you enjoyed that

Tvman

• Hi Janet

Lol. My dog isn't the brightest dog in the world, but I did feel sorry for him, with his sad eyes looking at me through the glass, which I considered breaking for a split second. I was worried though in case he got glass in his eyes so I decided to go for a walk instead!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Oh no what a disaster!!! I’m so glad it had a happy ending (Xmas dinner) and am glad you are not feeling after effects today.

i don’t think you need a key safe as I bet a million dollars you will never make that mistake again!

im away to bury a key in my back garden xxx

• FormerMember

Hi

You can get a key safe quite cheaply. You don’t actually have to fix it to anything - you can hide the safe with the key in it. I hide the key safe behind the boots in the porch. Any burglar would have to be very determined to break into it and it feels safer than simply hiding a key. 

xx

• I shall look into the prices of key safes, £25.sounds.s bit high. That was my wife that looked and she wasn't in favour of the key safe, so perhaps I'll check, you know the saying, If you want something done......lol

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • The cheapest one at Screwfix is under £15.

Gragon x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh tvman

I dont know if I should cry 4 uSleepySleepySleepy

God forgive me

Or laugh my head off RoflRofl

I'm glad your brother in law saved your day n you made it to have Christmas dinner

Kym xx

• Hi

I am laughing at myself, my family are laughing with me, so please join us and laugh at the situation I was in. I can't remember who it was but they are correct in saying that I don't need to buy a key safe because you can bet your last pound that I will NEVER let that happen again. So I repeat myself, have a good laugh, we all are. 

I'm very happy though that you were ready to cry for me, thank you.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember

RoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRoflRofl

kym xx

• Thank you , that's affordable, but I will NEVER be doing that again lol

Tvman Smirk

Love life and family.
  • Hi

You rascal

Tvman xx Joy