DLA to PIP

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 42 subscribers

I have been waiting to hear if I have the higher rate of mobility on my claim. I know that I have the higher rate of care as it has started going into my account although as yet I have had no written confirmation of either. It has been over seven weeks since my face to face assessment and I wondered if anyone could shed any light on how long it actually takes?

• Hi Tinkabell

Sorry, I didn't get replying to the sleep post, like Annette and Daloni, I don't get a lot of sleep through the night. I have pain due to a spinal condition that wakes me up 2 times a night. It can be anywhere but usually in my legs. Just recently I have been getting what I would say is nerve pain in my upper left arm. It's pretty bad and can strike any time of day.

Regarding the PIP timeline, I think it depends a lot on where a person's location is. I don't think there's any hard and fast rule, mine was 3-4 weeks. I would guess that your 7 weeks is too long. I would be inclined to contact the PIP people in case your application has been mislaid or whatever. 

My DLA-PIP interview went well and I commented that I had heard awful reports about interviewers being rude etc. She, a former nurse, had heard too and she said she couldn't understand why they behaved inappropriately, there's no need. I think though that if someone has been granted power, some can get a rush of blood to the head.

Good luck with your reply, hope it arrives soon.

Tvman x

Love life and family.
  • Hi Tink, I agree with Tvman, a lot depends on where you live and how far behind they are with their assessment interviews! I also think if you are already receiving money into your account, you should have had the confirmation letter by now which details how much you get and how it breaks down of how it is calculated. I would be contacting them on Monday to ask what the delay is. You may also qualify for a Blue Badge but to apply, you need that letter! Things seem to go missing a lot in these big Government departments, so annoy them until you have the letter in your hand! Good luck!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

Hi Tvman. Thanks for that. I shall phone them Monday.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Oh....the efficiency is overwhelming!