YOU NEVER KNOW THE MINUTE!!!

• 149 replies
  • 44 subscribers

Hi Gang, Well the day before we went to Salou for a fortnight, I had my six month check after my spinal decompression op. They took an X-ray and the surgeon admired his metal handiwork which is now holding my spine together. He was very pleased and told me there would be no need to make a further appointment but I could phone his secretary if I started having problems. So off we went on holiday!  

When we got back, there was a letter from him asking me to contact his secretary to make an appointment as he now had the written report for the X-ray. I phoned and was told I'd need a CT scan which they had already booked for me as well as a further aptm for his clinic to discuss the results. The latter was last Monday 28th! On the X-ray & scan there was a shadow just at the bottom of my right shoulder blade. The consultant examined my back and felt a lump. He explained that he was going to take a biopsy to be sent away but after the scan, he said it was too deep to do it with a local anaesthetic so suggested surgery to remove it with a GA then they will send it for biopsy.

Next he said he had arranged to do the pre-op assessment there and then, which came as a bit of a shock as you can imagine!   However, that's it done and now it's just a case of waiting for a date to get it removed! I phoned his secretary once we got home, to tell here we had booked to go to Manchester from 5-10 Dec inclusive to see the Christmas Markets etc but I also said I didn't expect to get word as quick as that but was just letting her know anyway! We all know urgent can mean 6-12 weeks with the NHS, so I won't hold my breath!

So there you have it! I've had a few other lumps etc removed in the six years since stage4 dx but this is the first they can't do at the clinic with a local anaesthetic! Up until Monday we hadn't said anything about it to our son and daughter and to see "that look" again on their faces was heartbreaking! I'm trying to be upbeat about it, smiling and saying it could be nothing of course! Any prayers, I would be grateful for, they certainly can't hurt! This will be my eleventh surgery but you never get used to it! Take Care everyone!

• Hi Annette

I don't like to criticise workers as a rule, but in this case the PM fully deserved her dressing down and first warning because assumptions like hers are the kind of thing that can lead to serious illnesses and/or death. I hope her apology to you was heartfelt and not an assembly of words put together without emotion or sensitivity.

I hope Vince enjoyed the Nativity and I know that as he is such a great friend and husband that he will have related the description without too much elation or exhilaration because he'll understand your inability to attend will be hurting you. 

Annette, you look after yourself and please act immediately on any illness that arises. Knowing you as well as I do, I have that confidence in you.

Take care Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi Ruth, I hope they can get this op arranged quickly for you! Well as quickly as the NHS do ops!

Thats good your husband enjoys driving you around, think how it would be if he moaned at you instead. In that respect I think we are both lucky with our spouses!

Thanks, that's me half way through the antibiotics, so I'm expecting things to pick up soon. No plans made yet!!!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Hi Tvman, Thanks for your reply and of course you are right but on the other hand, I do know there are a lot of people who turn up at "Out Of Hours" service or worse still the A&E with things like a sore finger and when asked what and when he did it, his reply was "oh I think it was one day last week"! So instead of turning up at 3am, why not wait another few hours and go to their GP? That's my moan over! I can assure you the apology was indeed heartfelt as my GP was standing next to her and I'm sure she was thinking of her wallet!! I don't think it will happen to anyone else now!

Well, I've had chest infections before but never one like this! As soon as I move, I start a coughing fit that is so painful in my back, although it's better than it was. 

Our oldest granddaughter Leah (7)made me a beautiful Get Well Card, the words inside said

"Please please Gran get better soon, I miss seeing you and love you lots. In fact I love you with my whole heart"    "Ps and Ella does too but can't write yet!"

Well did I bubble! Take Care 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • Aah Annette

That's lovely from little Leah, and Ella of course, don't little children do the sweetest things? No wonder you bubbled, it would have set me off too.

That chest infection sounds horrendous, I hope you get rid of it asap.

Take care Annette

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • Hi there thanks for getting back to me you know what I mean about limbo then you are right about the worrying I think it's worse for me as I live on my own so for me i constantly worry I am trying to keep busy weather not helping either as I like gardening and not been able to potter about like you say Thurs is the day xxx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

Good luck for Thursday popgate.fingers crossed.I had to go this Monday but you never know what to 

expect.Im in on Monday again for my next infusion of Atezolizumab hopefully it will be ok this time.

Did get out with the dog today went to a beach and then the hail came down.It was still good to get out

trying to get my legs stronger again. Take care xx

• Thankyou for your chats with support really envious that you have access to beach my jyp would love that experience he is 12 years old but runs round like a 2 year old took him to the vets on Tuesday for his booster even the vet said can't believe how fast and agile he is I said I think I need that booster instead of him ha ha I know what you mean about legs as well going down stairs ok but it's going up them it's a killer hope everything goes ok on Monday for you take carexx

Flippen
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Popgate

Hi Popgate we are lucky I live in Plymouth and can go Cornwall just over the Tamer bridge or Dartmoor but I don’t trust Peggy with the Sheep so beach is better.

Im in Cardiff at the moment with my daughters we booked last year my husband looks after the boys

and we have a day away.Back home tomorrow I am having trouble sleeping on steroids and only having a few hours asleep.I have to sort it out with my Doctor Tuesday getting tired and mood swings.

Your Dog Jupiter

Just Sounds lovely Peggy loves running around but she’s only 2yrs.She is hiding at the moment behind the settee because she couldn’t come.Bettertry and sleep take care my name is Gina x

• Hi there it's good you are getting about hope the weather is better there than it is here oh steroids tell me about it I am up most of the night then want to keep on and off nodding off in the day I nearly nodded off doing shopping the other day waiting to be served in the supermarket leaning over the trolley my best friend had to nudge me she could see I was going to nod off how embarrassing she saw the funny side of course but I said people might think I have had a drink too many I don't drink though you have to laugh don't you it's not hard is it to stay awake when you are out and about hey is it ha ha I hope you get some sleep take care xx

Flippen