Doctor fatigue.

• 6 replies
  • 42 subscribers

Anyone else ever just feel like they've had enough of the medical profession? 

I've found something I should probably go to the doctor about, as it's not buggered off. But I really have a mixture of feelings about it. Firstly, I don't want to pester the doctors again with yet something else - as I am just broken. No two ways around it really. Secondly, I really can't be doing with more appointments and tests etc. It's all just physically and emotionally exhausting.

So, yeh. Anyone else feel the same? Did you kick yourself up the bum and deal with it, or did you ostrich it out? 

Lass

Xx

• Hi Lass

I can understand your reluctance, given the issues you have had recently. Could you go to a pharmacy instead and ask their advice?

X

Flowerlady x
  • Heya Flowerlady, 

Sadly not, plus my pharmacy are a bit useless.

It's a sore and lumpy bit in my boob. A cat found it by standing on it a few weeks back, so I thought I'd ignore it and see if it went away. Like maybe just a lymph node if I had a bug, as I've not been feeling great like I've been fighting off a bug.

But no. It's not gone away. It's still lumpy and still sore. So trying to find the adult in me to make the call to go get checked and be told it's nothing again. 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

Hi Lass 

so sorry there is something else for you to deal with. I totally understand doctor fatigue and I’m a terrible one for leaving things and hoping they will go away. It’s a lesson I just keep having to learn, it seems, and one that cost me dearly some six years ago when I had the first unexpected bleeding that would, six months later, prove to be womb cancer. 

Your comment that you are trying to find the adult inside you I think rather answers your question 

good luck - and fingers crossed 

xx

• But I dun wanna...... 

Wink

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Lass

I know Cry

chin up, chick

xx

• I put my big girl pants on and called the doctors. So seeing someone tomorrow afternoon. Also kept them on and called a new hairdresser and got an appointment for tomorrow afternoon too.

Just realised that next week my parents are visiting, and the week after I'm in Edinburgh all week. The week after that I'll be pooped. So if I don't get it looked at, it'll be on my mind for the next 3 weeks before anything can be looked at. 

More than likely nothing, just the aging process. But best to get checked out. 

Lass

Xx