Bellabongo

• 4 replies
  • 43 subscribers

I'm presuming most folks here won't frequent the womb forum, so I thought I'd share here the sad news that Alison has passed away as I know she was friendly with a lot of us here too. 

You can find the thread regarding her passing here - https://community.macmillan.org.uk/cancer_types/womb-cancer/f/womb-cancer-forum/188276/saying-goodbye-to-a-dear-friend

Lass

Xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

So, so sorry to hear this Lass. My thoughts are with Alison, her family and friends.

I know she was struggling with her health in recent months, and that she found her faith a comfort. We will miss her, I hope there’s a Japanese garden wherever she is xx

• So sorry to hear this sad news.A

difficult time for her friends and family.

X

Flowerlady x
  • Oh poor Bellabongo, my heartfelt condolences to her family and friends. I last spoke with her a month ago and she was in a little cottage in Ullapool, about to start chemo on the Monday. She was saying that her body was falling to bits, bruising all over and not in good shape at all.

I hope she enjoyed her Japanese garden that she was so proud of.

Another dear friend gone, another victim of this awful disease.

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

I went out for coffee with Alison a few times as we had met at the beatson back when we were both first diagnosed and then she found me on here. She hadn't been in touch for a month or so and I knew she was going on to a new chemo. Her husband messaged me last week that she was in the hospice. Myself and a few mutual friends will be going to her funeral on Thursday.

You won't be surprised to hear that she was as kind, honest, supportive and warm hearted in person as she was on the forum. 

I will miss her Broken heart