Feeling down

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 4 replies
  • 41 subscribers

I was diagnosed with stomach cancer 18 months ago and given a prognosis of 4/5 months so know I should be really happy I’m still here!, it’s not been easy and have had several operations etc, just recently though I’ve been so down and can’t stop crying I feel so bad for my family as it must make them sad but I just can’t help it!, today I even told them I can’t wait for it to be over and don’t make plans including me, is this normal or am I really one selfish human being sorry for the miserable message I just feel like I can’t tell my family how I really feel

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi

I am so sorry to hear how down you feel. I think it’s understandable and I’d normally say that whatever you’re feeling is normal but to be completely honest I find what you’ve written troubling. I am not a doctor but if I ever found myself crying in the way you describe, I would take myself to see my GP. 

I have been through patches when I’ve been down and my GP was very helpful. I took antidepressants and that gave me enough of a lift to get some benefit from the counselling he recommended. The combination of medicine and talking therapy really helped. 

I can imagine that getting to the GP might feel an impossible task right now. I think you’re very brave to write so honestly about how you’re feeling. Can you be brave enough to take the next step and reach out to your doctor? 

There is always a listening ear here in this community but it strikes me that you need rather more at this very difficult time. 

With love and hugs xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply, I am going to make an appointment with my doctor tomorrow hopefully, i haven’t had treatment for a year as there is nothing else they can offer me for my type of tumour so just staging scans every three months I’ve got one coming up soon, I hope you continue to thrive once again thank you sending love and hugs, Wendy 

• FormerMember

Hi

You are very welcome and I am really pleased to hear you’re going to see your GP tomorrow. Hang in there! 

I do think things feel worse as scans come up. I had some results today - mixed, I’m off the trial I was on as liver mets are growing but no new tumours. Last week I had a headache and self diagnosed brain mets before I’d had time to give myself a stern talking to and two ibuprofen. Honestly! Will I never learn? 

Xx

• FormerMember

Yes I agree I do think I’m going to always get the worst possible results, the thing is you can’t change it anyway what will be will be, take care xxx