A Day of Ups & Downs

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 36 replies
  • 47 subscribers

So the good part was collecting my daughter from the airport. 1st time I've seen her in over 2 months- bn working in the States.

The bad point was only got a few hours with her b4 being admitted 2 hospital. Neutropenic- painful back, nausea & developed the shivers. Sort of knew it would result in definitely a doc visit more likely a trip 2 a&e.

Hope I'm not in 2 long. I'm missing my comfy bed Disappointed

Night all

WB xx

• WOW!! Daloni, six and a half hours sleep, I'm so jealous but so pleased for you! Keep it up!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • WB, So sorry you have been kept in a bit longer! Now I am Scottish born and bred but I've never heard that expression! I gather it's extremely sore! I have a 3 strikes and you're out rule with people trying to get blood! If they don't get it the third time, they have to get someone else to do it! Glad to hear at least you are managing to get some sleep! Hope it won't be long until you're home in your own bed! Preferably before the weekend! 

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to anndanv

Hi

So where are you? Home or hospital? I do hope you’re tucked up in your own bed but I suspect you’re still stuck in hospital. 

Love n hugs 

xxx

• Morning Wee blonde, I's so sorry you're in hospital instead of having a lovely catch up with your daughter. That finger must be painful. Hope you'll be able to make your escape soon, and get back to your comfy bed, family and pups xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

Morning all. 

Good news! I've escaped! Got out st 5pm last night but was so tired could barely make it 2 the car & then into the house. Was in the land of nod, curled up on the couch just after 7pm.

Need 2 find some energy from somewhere as have 2 get 2 doc 4 12.30pm 2day & also have a planned family meal out 2morrow night (may end up with my face in my soup!)

Official diagnosis was neutropenic- sepsis so I'm lucky the hospital is so switched on.

BCN visited my bedside y'day & said subject 2 my bloods we would go ahead with chemo #2 on Wed - fingers crossed this is a blip & not a sign of wot will happen everytime.

Hope 2 b back at work on Mon as have an easy 2 hours on my feet (she says!), then deskbound 4 rest of day - but this depends on how much spinach I can guzzle over the weekend.

Dear daughter has started some of her post-camp washing so I'm hoping she can continue with the rest even with me being home. Do u know I did the shopping 4 them from my hospital bed - yeah I know "mug" written across my forehead!

Still on antibiotics 4 the nxt few days & suffering from the antibiotics weight loss diet (tmi) but I'll pick up.

Thanks 4 all the kind wishes buds

WB xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

So pleased wee blonde that you are home , still you vet had a rotten time ,but good thing the hospital are on the ball

daughter and dogs must be thrilled to have u back where u belong 

xxxxxx

janet 

• FormerMember

Just had to pop on to say what a trooper Wee Blonde!  Right facing fist

Hope you get to do all your plans you’ve made over the coming days.

• FormerMember

Brilliant news, WB. How wonderful to be home. 

I must say though that I raised my eyebrows at the going back to work bit. Seriously? For a start, will you have the strength? Sepsis doesn’t half take it out of you. Then there’s  the risk of picking up another bug in your immune-compromised state. Ditto going out for a meal. Why not get people round for a take away with strict instructions that guests clear up? That’s what I’ve done in the past when I’ve been home from hospital after a chemo-related infection. I realise you didn’t ask for my advice and probably don’t want it but I repeat, seriously? Nuff said. 

Also, add some actimel and/or kefir to the shopping. It really does help with antibiotic tummy. 

Stop with the advice already! 

Xxx

• I'm with Daloni here! We all get a lot of unsolicited advice, but I have to admit to a sharp intake of breath when I saw you were going back to work Wee blonde.

Slap bang in the middle of sepsis and another round of chemo, gulp.

It's taken me 8 weeks to go back to very, very part time work after a hospital admission for pneumonia. I was told to take a minimum of 4 weeks off, but developed plantar fasciitis and then tonsillitis which knocked me back further. Have got my spark back but energy levels are only marginally off rock bottom.

Wishing you the very best of luck with it all xx

Tinalay 
    Every bad situation is a blues song waiting to happen.
    Amy Winehouse.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Tinalay

Hi all

I'm known 4 being quite stubborn aka going back 2 work. Have felt fine y'day (once the legs remembered how 2 work properly) & 2day.

Could have killed the young waitress at our meal 2nite who said "did we want the cake b4 or after our desserts"? This was the surprise birthday cake which was meant 2 magically appear at our table - she sheepish went away from the table as I mouthed "it's a surprise". Needless 2 say daughter guessed something was up....oh well, we tried.

Better luck with the surprise cocktail making night out we've arranged 4 nxt Sat night with her chums. Daughter knows nothing about this & currently believes it's another meal out at a fav restaurant (on the pretense we couldnt get in on her actual b'day of Tues). All the girls have bn warned it's a surprise so no opening their high mouths.

Doc knows I'm aiming 2 return 2 work Mon & has warned me 2 b ultra vigilant. And my work have bn excellent so if I feel ill b4/during/after my shift I'll head home. My health centre r going 2 run obs on me everytime I'm up 4 dressing refreshing (3 times a week). So we shall c how it goes.

And although ma girl came home on Tues, she heads back 2 Uni in a fortnight's time #2soon #2littletime #makememories

Night all

WB xx