New Juice 4 Me

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 9 replies
  • 43 subscribers

So friends, just had confirmation that I will b starting my new regime this coming Wednesday. One bag of poison every 3 weeks. 3 or 4 cycles then a CT scan 2 c if it's making any difference- 2bh I'll b able 2 tell physically whether it's doing any good as alien big boob & alien little boob will tell me.

Anyone had any experience of E.C.? (aka Epirubicin & Cyclophosphamide). All info gratefully received.

Will enjoy my last few days of freedom b4 the above (still on sick leave till the 12th Aug).

Ciao chums

WB xx

• Hey WB

There's no one can tell it like you, you're coming across much brighter. That's the WB we all know and love. Good luck with your poison, hope you don't have a rough ride. And listen to the aliens!

Tvman xx

Love life and family.
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to tvman

It's not in my nature 2 b down but as everyone knows sometimes its flippin hard 2 put on a smiley face all the time.

Think I'm trying every flavour of poison- will keep everyone in the loop.

Have a good weekend all Slight smile

WB xx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi WB

poison or elixir of life (as one chemo chum thinks of it)? Actually, I tend to the poison side and have been known to reply to the “how are you feeling?” from the nurses at the trials unit with “I’d be fine if some bastard didn’t keep trying to poison me.” I should add that you get to know the trials unit nurses quite well. 

I know nothing of EC and wish you the best with it 

xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Hi WB

I had 3 cycles of FEC in 2013. The good news is that it's over quicker than you think ( I had 3 cycles of Taxotere after). The bad news is it's a bit crap tbh.

As an old hand at this you will be fine. I was a newbie then and didn't think I needed to listen to the nurse when she said take these pills for sickness, drink loads of water and stay away from peoRofle with the lurgy. So I was sick, constipated and ended up in hospital with a chest infection RoflRofl

Good luck Pxx 

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi WB,

I had 6 cycles of EC in 2016. My Consultant described it as 'fairly aggressive' and said I would lose all my hair within 2 weeks, feel toxic for the 1st week, would be immuno-suppressed and flattened for the 2nd week and start to pick up in the 3rd week, just in time for the next dose. He was right on all counts. They give you anti-sickness meds to take the day before, an hour before, when you arrive etc, and it worked for me, and steroid cover.

One of them was such an irritant to the veins that it had to be given manually rather than through the pump. That meant there was no point in having anyone with me as the chemo nurse was with me the whole time.

Some cycles were easier to tolerate than others. I remember panicking after the 3rd or 4th one thinking it was getting worse, but almost sailed through the next one.

Wishing you the very best of luck, I hope it goes as well as possible and does all that ot's supposed to to keep you stable and well for a long time to come xx

• Hello WB

I had epirubicin, and managed ok, but it seems to be different for everyone. It did help to shrink the tumours which is the main thing

Good luck xx

Flowerlady x
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to flowerlady

Thanks peeps 4 the advice.

My BCN also thinks I'll manage without 2 much difficulty but there's always that lingering doubt that the old body says "s*** more poison"& struggles. My main prob seems 2 b the old blood levels - had 3 blood transfusions in the last year. 

Did anyone work through it? I've managed 2 work through all except the first one (Docxotaxol...spelling might b a bit off) but was quite poorly then both physically & mentally - hearing the chronic backache & very small armpit lump were incurable breast cancer that had spread 2 the lungs, liver & bones was a bit of a shocker aged 43!

Us Scottish females r made of strong stuff though - shall stuff some porridge & Irn Bru (famous Scottish fizzy drink, unique flavour) down my throat.

Anymore tales of wot 2 expect & how 2 cope r gratefully received.

Still have another week of sick leave off following the RT so if someone with a magic wand could arrange some stonking hot weather so I can sit out in my wee hoosie (aka the blue summerhouse) that also would b appreciated- temperature is being a bit temperamental up in the North East.

Back 2 Bridget Jones's Diary again - never tire of Colin Firth ;)

Ciao

WB xx

• Anymore tales of what to expect? 

Disappointment and sadness, that's what to expect. 

Since the sugar tax, they changed the Irn Bru recipe and RUINED it! I treated myself to one the other week and it was very obviously different to before. Not a treat at all.

So don't do it to yourself. Get a Vimto instead! 

Lass

Xx

I have no medical training, everything I post is an opinion or educated guess. It is not medical advice.

• Hi WB, Well, you've had advise from all the experts on chemo here so I'm sure as 'young hand' ( boy old hand!) at this you will know to take all the advice you are given, like taking your anti sickness meds (unlike P Kirky68, a tut tut, who learned the hard way!).

So now you've heard from the experts, comes the advice from a Rookie who's never had chemo as it doesn't work for my type of cancer! Take good care of yourself, take plenty of rest, don't drink Irn Bru as I was told at the liver clinic it wasn't good for your liver! I think I'm one of the few Scots that don't like either Irn Bru or whisky but I still got the lecture about how bad they are for you! My Canadian consultant assumes every Scottish person drinks heavily and I only do on special occasions! I think you should hold back from starting back at work until you know how it will affect you. When you are at work you can't just rest if you feel like it and we all want this to work well for you! Good luck from another small strong Scottish chum!

Love Annette x

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, Today is a Gift!!!