Ireland - anyone on the site from Ireland or who had gallbladder cancer

• 2 replies
  • 4 subscribers

I have recently been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer with secondaries in liver all of which appears to have been removed. I am due to start chemo soon and I am really struggling with things. Anyone online who would like to chat?

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm sorry to read that you've recently been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer which has spread to your liver and, although I don't have the same type of cancer as you, I know what a difficult time this can be.

I have breast cancer, or perhaps I should say had, as I had a lumpectomy back in April and was told that all the cancer was removed. I'm now having chemotherapy to prevent it coming back. It sounds like you're in a similar position with your cancer being removed and now starting chemotherapy.

I expect your chemo will be a different type to mine, as they tailor treatments specifically to the type of cancer, but I have found chemo very manageable so far. I started on one type of chemo which was given once a week, every three weeks. Now I've just started the new chemo which I have weekly. Touch wood, I've only experienced feeling tired and generally under the weather for about the first 10 days and then I feel perfectly normal again. On the new chemo, which I had on Thursday, apart from feeling a little tired and a loss of taste I've felt well.

You might want to post in the gallbladder cancer group, which I can see you're a member of, as then you'll connect directly with others who will have been on, or are currently on, the same type of chemo as you and who can share their experiences with you.

Wishing you all the best

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"