Ex-Pat diagnosed with Myeloma and living in Crete, Greece

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Just wondering if there might be fellow cancer sufferers here in Crete or indeed Greece. 
Discovering I have Myeloma and living in a country that has very little by way of support for the mental health of patients as that is the job of ‘family’ I wonder if there are others that struggle with the language barriers coupled with living on their own - if would be good to hear from you. 

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I don't live in Crete or Greece but I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. 

It must be very hard living somewhere where you struggle with the language so I can understand you wanting to connect with others. I did find a support group called Cancer Support Crete when I searched 'cancer support groups in crete' on google. The community guidelines don't allow me to include a link to the website but I'm sure you'll find it if you do the same search as me. 

You could also post in the myeloma group here on the online community as it's a great place to ask questions, share experiences and get support from others with the same type of cancer.

If you'd like to do this just click on the link I've created (green writing) and then start a new post in the same way as you did here. You can also join in with existing conversations by clicking on 'reply'.

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"