Any advice please?

• 1 reply
  • 3 subscribers

Hi, my dad has been diagnosed with stage 4 mouth cancer. He lives in the Philippines with his wife and daughter. He has to face a huge facial operation and a great deal of after care. On top of all this his insurance doesn’t cover his type of cancer therefore he’s facing massive costs (in excess of £40,000) which I know he’s finding incredibly traumatic let alone facing what he’s been told is a huge journey. He’s worked in the UK for 43 years, paid all of his NI yet he’d be entitled to nothing from the NHS. We know if he came here he’d have to pay but we really want him here. We know we can take good care of him, does anyone know how we can make this happen and pretty quickly? I feel as he’s no longer living in the UK he wouldn’t be priority- is this the case?

My other questions is, does anyone know of any organisation that would help to fund part of his treatment? 

Many thanks 

• Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to read that your dad has been diagnosed with mouth cancer and is facing huge bills for treatment in the Philippines where he currently lives.

I have no experience as to whether he's entitled to have treatment under the NHS if he returns to this country but I have found this information for you on using the NHS when you return to live in the UK.

You might also find it useful to post this question in the ask an information and support adviser section of the online community. If this is something that you'd like to do just click on the link I've created which will take you straight there. You could copy and paste your post from here into a new one there to save you typing it all out again.

Best wishes

x

Community Champion Badge

What is a Community Champion?

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"