Breast cancer treatment in Spain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 2 subscribers

Hi i'm Evacassandra

I was diagnosed with breast cancer sept 2019 . I had  an breast conserving surgery and an operation to remove my Lymph node in my armpit then16 x Chemo and 20 x Radiotherapy

The Spanish health care is amazing the care was fantastic the nurses and Doctors were amazing. They have done everything to get me thru the treatments.

I'm sure the nurses and Doctors are fantastic in the UK but all Cancer operations and treatments were stopped  thank goodness I was in Spain as my treatment and care was continued and i am still here.  Looking forward to the future I will know in 5 years and hopefully get a all clear as I have so far.

I have been put on the 5 year medication the wonder drug but it comes with side effects but I'm so glad I was able to have the medication what ever the side effects.

'I'm just finding it hard I still look in the mirror and its not me looking back. My hair started to grow again with 4 weekly Chemo sessions to go August 2020 i had very short white hair now i have Grey very curly hair my hair before i was a redhead and just a little wavy . I'm very thankful it has grown again.  Unless you have gone thru this or seen a loved one go thru this it is hard to comprehend what you go thru and still be able to function.

I just want to say to any of you with a diagnosis try to keep a journal so you know how you are daily so you have an idea what you may be like after the 2nd Chemo record how your pain level 1 to 10 Bowel movement if any sickness if any . I found this did help

Love to every one just diagnosed or have finished treatment xx

Eva

• Hi and a very warm welcome to the online community

I'm glad to read that your breast cancer treatment has been successful and I think that it's quite a common feeling to feel that the person you see in the mirror isn't you.

You might also like to join the breast cancer group where you can chat to others who are going through or who have finished treatment. Despite you saying that "in the UK all Cancer operations and treatments were stopped" this was not the case and you'll find plenty of people in the breast cancer group who were diagnosed and treated in the last 12 months.

It would be great if you could pop something about your journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"