Monthly Zoladex (Goserelin) while traveling through spain

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 2 replies
  • 2 subscribers

Hi Folks,

I've not been on the forums of late - life's been getting in the way (started a new job, planning some very long holidays int he coming months and so, so many other things) - hopefully you know how that is.

So, my Jen is having monthly Zoladex subcut implants. There's a three-monthly one, but the oncologist has expressly stated that she is not to go on it - less effective or something? Anyway, we've bought a big ol' motor caravan and we're going to drive down the Spanish coast for a few months this coming Spring/Summer. The problem:

NHS will *not* let me do the injections, despite me having no issues to pay for training or whatever is needed.

We have no idea how to go about getting Zoladex in Spain. Normal meds, sure - just look for the big green cross or google maps, right? No idea when it comes cancer treatment.

Current rough plans are:
1. Jen flies back each month.
2. We contact hospitals we know will be on the itinerary at the approximately appropriate time (we're flexible) and book the treatments in advance.
3. Go private and get the training and meds we need to provide Jen's continuing care without third parties.

I'm thinking '1' is the worst case scenario - the fallback option.

Anyone else faced similar problems?

Many thanks in advance.

Dom.

x

• Hi

That sounds like a fantastic trip you've got planned!

I can't help with your questions but noticed that your post hadn't had any responses. Unfortunately for you, this group looks like it's very quiet so you might benefit from also posting your questions in the breast cancer group.

I do hope that you can get suitable arrangements put in place and that you have a great time!

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to latchbrook

Thanks for the heads up, latchbrook. I'll do that. x