Weeds

• 2 replies
  • 29 subscribers

We had our regular builders here today, clearing gutters. They asked after my son who has just finished cancer treatment, which has taken about a year, and is supposedly OK. I said we were worried about it coming back. The guy said solemnly, "Yes cancer is like weeds. You get rid of it then it keeps coming back."

• Hi  welcome to this corner of the community.

This is an unfortunate, ill informed and rather generalised statement.…… Weeds don’t always come back if you use the right eradication methods.

I have been on my cancer journey for over 25 years….. first diagnosed back in 1999 with an 8 in a million rare incurable Non Hodgkins Lymphoma then in late 2013 a second this time 4 in a million rare type of aggressive Non Hodgkins Lymphoma come along…… but I am still here living a great life.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Ma78

What a thoughtless statement and ill informed. Like Mike says with the right treatment this is not true. It is now 11 years since my first treatment for jaw cancer when I was 59. I am now 71 and enjoying a great life. Had a few hiccups along the way and needed another couple of ops but each time successfully treated. Your son's medical team will be keeping an eye on him so trust them. Don't even listen to these type of statements. Concentrate on the positives and I am sure your son will live a long and healthy life.

Lyn

Sophie66