Tamoxifen side effects

• 1 reply
  • 34 subscribers

Hello guys ! I was diagnosed with breast cancer, curently undergoung chwmo treatment and after will do a double mastectomy. I was recomanded the treatment with tamoxifen, and given a very long list with the side efects which is one moe ugly and worring then other. Could those that have gone through with this treatment share their experience please? That list made me wonder if it is realy worth taking this medicine. Thanks

• Hi  abd welcome to this corner of the Macmillan Community but sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

Although you may connect with some folks who may help you, most people who post in this group are post many different cancer treatment and are navigating their post treatment challenges.

I have lived and been treated for a rare blood cancer for over 23 years so from experience all the drugs that I received were designed for different purposes that helped the treatment process to be a smooth and successful as possible.

When it comes to support there is nothing better than talking with others who are on the same treatment pathway so can I recommend that you consider joining our supportive Breast cancer group. This will be a safe place to talk to others who may have a similar diagnosis, treatment experience, to ask questions and get support.

If you'd like to connect in with a group click on the Green (Bold) link I have created above. Then once the group page opens click on the black banner that says [click to join] at the bottom, or the [Join] button under "Group tools."

You can then introduce yourself by putting up a ‘new post’ by clicking in the box near the top right with + New or + (Depending on the device you are using) and you are ready to go.

You could copy and paste the text from this post into your new post and as always you can reply to existing ‘Discussions’ by click [reply].

Macmillan have many support platforms so do check out the Macmillan Support Line is open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00 or via Webchat and Email too.

These services provide cancer information, practical information, emotional support, benefits/financial guidance or just a listening ear. We also have our Ask an Expert section but do allow a few working days for a reply.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and provide support for all the family.

Always around if you need further help in navigating the community.

All the very best.

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge