When it all gets too.much

• 3 replies
  • 35 subscribers

When you've battled through the cancer initially you feel that things will only get better. The reality has been that my health has deteriorated in so many different ways as a result of treatment that you start to doubt whether it was all worth it. Is quality of life better than quantity? 

• Hi .... it’s an interesting thought 

you start to doubt whether it was all worth it. Is quality of life better than quantity? 

Back in 2013 I had to make a life or death decision..... if the treatment plan did not work that was it..... no other options.

I amazingly found remission in Sep 2016 for the first time in over 17 years, the treatment was very hard and I have been left with a few treatment left overs but for me, I count them as being acceptable in the big picture of life itself, seeing 2 granddaughters added to our first two and having a good life...... my immune system is just not great so I was  basically been shielding for 4 years before the word shielding was a thing.

It is all about personal prospective I suppose ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi , yes I've been there and got the t shirt!. I have some residual affects from chemo, complicated by covid and long covid. But I am just starting to feel I might come out of the wood this year. So time helps. Mind I am not sure if I'd do chemo again, if I ever have to... it wouldbe be a big balancing act.  Take care