Feeling strongly like something terminal is wrong with me

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 14 replies
  • 27 subscribers

I have been feeling aweful for months. It's been 5 years since diagnosis and 3 since treatment ended for breast cancer. I still have a large seroma that feels like I am constantly being squeezed and no feeling front and back of mastectomy site.I suffer  all the menopausal symptoms even though I am on hrt and have bloated out. I have embarrassing toilet issues and lower back ache like my whole waist is being torn off! I work full time as a primary teacher and love my job. The school is lovely and caring.  However, I feel like my health is failing! I feel like I am on my way out. I've had tests and am waiting on a biopsy after a colonoscopy. I Have asked for a smear test but they said I have to wait till 3 years. I had one 2 years ago. I have all the symptoms of cervical cancer!..I hope that's not the issue!!!I also have osteoporosis in my back. Pains in all joints. I'm feeling quite tearful at the moment and sitting in front of a fan with a shocking cold..feeling sorry for myself.

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

Thanks for the support xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to Galanthophile

Thanks for this acknowledgement! THE GPs don't take me seriously! You are right..I do need help and I'm going to start insisting and also to stop trying to be superwoman!

Xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember in reply to FormerMember

HI, Yes...I am seen as cancer free. However it's been a journey after treatment and I am still living with the affects and fear of reaccurance. It's a challenge to stay motivated at times and I drag my body through each day. Not being isolated is key. Talking, asking for help, saying no and at the same time counting your blessings. I also find having a project to take my mind off how crap I feel helps. Sometimes, however, it just gets too much! and you need support to keep going. 

How are you feeling?

Xxx

• Hello Notaquitter,

As your namesake says, You're NOT a quitter, you are brave and like the rest of us here.

I get paranoid and panic over every ache, pain, itch, scratch, bump or bruise. I panic even more on the weekend and I don't know why. 

I was given the all clear nearly 4 years ago, however my walking is not back up the standard, I get out of breath, I have back ache due to damage from radiotherapy, plus other things. 

Keep on to your doctors and even make a nuisance of yourself and tell them how you feel. 

Please don't worry or stress, say she who does,.ha, ha, ha.

With kindness,

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx