Stage 4 breast cancer

• 3 replies
  • 31 subscribers

My lovely daughter in-law has been diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer. She is coping amazingly well. I worry for my her, my son and the children. I’m happy to take the lead from her just now as she is amazingly positive but don’t want to appear uncaring in my effort to keep things normal - help! 

• Hi , it's so nice you've come on here to try and help your daughter in law.  It might be an idea to suggest she does the same.

With regards to how you should be around her I would tell her exactly what you posted on here.  tell her you want to be there for her and help her. Ask her what she needs from you and how best you can help her.  

Everyone deals with a diagnosis differently, some of us want to be left alone and others don't.  I found it most helpful to interact with others who had been through or were going through the same thing as me and didn't want to talk about it with anyone else.

Wishing you and your daughter in law all the best x

• Good morning Godwilling

many thanks for your helpful reply.  

Just to let you know that my DIL has been quite closely involved with McM up to now and is today on a group walk with them, she has a friend who has had breast cancer who is happily prepared to go along with her. 

I’ll try to be conscious to let her talk to me if she wants to, but respect her wishes if not. I guess things will change each time we meet but will let her take the lead. 

keep well. 

thanks again,

P8TYG

• You're welcome .  It's great she's involved with McM, that will really help her. xx