Hello I'm new I'm anxious Nikki

• 6 replies
  • 7 subscribers

Hello I'm new to this group .I'm Nikki I'm 37 I have depression and anxiety. plus social anxiety. I live in Dagenham Essex. I'm new to joining groups and meeting new people and makeing conversation s. honestly not good at haveing group chats. but there's always a first time .I joined this group because I wanted a way to distract myself from my constantly thinking about my treatment. I had cancer  months ago on my left breast .luckily I was seen in good time by a good female doctor. at king George hospital and I had a good surpporting nurse .and  was Smilegiven surgery to remove the lump .and after that I was haveing regular treatment s every 3 days a week to treat the wound left after the removal of the lump. I'm now months later waiting on radiotherapy treatment .and a talk about chemotherapy with a doctor. I understand this group is for cratetivaty and I place to share things .you like doing just to add .I like listening to music /watching horror movie s /playing games on my phone/ /concerts/holidays/ come please make me feel comfortable and welcome here.

• Hello Anxious Goth

Welcome to the community. You will find many people here that are like minded. It’s a safe place to express yourself. I’ve joined the Bowel Cancer, Ileostomy, the room where you can rant and here. Oh and the pets are family too. 
    please explore and find lots of advice and help. 
    I like most same as you but not horror movies as I revisit when trying to sleep. 

Ann
     ‍Art

• Hi

My name is Lisa and it's nice to meet you and I hope you ar feeling less anxious after introducing yourself. I hope you have your radiotherapy soon.

I have beeb on this site for about 6 years but I have only recently found this group.

I had cervical cancer just over 7 years ago and I have been given the all clear and discharged from the cancer hospital, yay and thank you. I have two stomas (colostomy and an urostomy) and I have radiation enteritis and a prolapsed pelvis from the radiotherapy. I have been diagnosed with PTSD.

However, I try to keep myself busy with uni and I like to crochet, knit and do embroidery. I like to read, listen to music and I enjoy watching television.

Everyone on this is lovely and there is always someone to chat to for some reassurance.

Sending you good vibes,

Lisa x

Lisa

xxxxxxxxxx

• HI Anxious goth37

just spotted our post. Love the name! 

I'm supporting my husband with his brain tumour journey. It's been an emotional roller coaster ride so far but the one thing that has kept me going has been listening to music. I have really missed live gigs too.  Not sure our tastes in music are the same but they may cross over. I'm more into hard rock and heavy metal. 

Regardless of taste in music I find there's always a handful of "special songs" that become your "go to" that just seem to reflect how you feel. One of mine this year has been "A  Reason To Fight" by Disturbed.  What's yours?

Hope all is moving in a positive direction for you treatment wise. Stay positive. Stay strong.

sending you a huge virtual hug.

love n hugs 

Wee me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello wee me .thank you for your message reply nice to meet you that's good your surpporting your husband with he's brain tumor journey I can understand how it's been a emotional roller coaster ride I'm glad that listening to music has kept you going I with you on that iv been listening to my favourite rock metal band Lacuna coil have you heard of them if so do you like them yes agree iv missed going to live concerts too my taste in music is rock and metal I'm also Gothic style oh yes there a few songs of Lacuna coil I listen to that I can relate to or that makes me feel calm and relaxed iv heard of the band Disturbed but not heard there songs 

Thank you yes everything s been moving in a positive direction for me treatment wise I'll try and stay positive and strong thank you for your nice message and the virtual hug take care and good luck with for your husband in getting treatment for he's brain tumor x

• HI

yes I have heard of and heard Lacuna Coil. One of my favourite musicians, Myles Kennedy played a solo on Delirium a few years back. Cristina Scabbia has a fabulous voice. 

I hope you get to a few gigs this year. It's good for the soul. I think my next is Halestorm in March and then Gojira (assuming they don't reschedule!) the next night. 

Wee Me xx

Macmillan Support Line - 0808 808 00 00, 7 days a week between 8am-8pm

• Hello sorry for late reply back I don't come on here often.  only to read post  in groups. iv finished my radiotherapy treatment .now just going though the after effects of the treatment .it's honestly painful. but I was told the sourness and redness and irritation. will go down in a few weeks. I had my lump removed last year thankfully. from my left breast .then I was haveing after care .at my local hospital .just going to take things slowly.                                           that s good you have heard of Lacuna coil. and you like there music and completely agree. with you Cristina scabbia .has a amazing voice .lastly yeah I hope I mange to get to a few concerts t.

his year. I agree it's good for the soul you take care Slight smilex