Daughter has breast cancer

• 2 replies
  • 13 subscribers

I put a post up in May because my 34 year daughter who is also 21 weeks pregnant was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer,she had surgery to remove lump and they also took 2 lymph nodes out to test,my daughter has just told me that the cancer has spread to her lymph nodes,I feel sick and don't know what to do,I'm trying to be strong for her and remain positive but I don't know how to cope with the recent news

• Hi  and sorry to hear about your daughter and yes, this must be such a stressful time for all the family.

As you know the Community has lots of Support Groups and when it comes to the practical and emotional challenges of supporting your daughter and indeed yourself and talking with others who are navigating the same support challenges can help a lot……. I do see you have posted in our Family and Friends group so it would be worth putting your post up in that group as well,

It is an emotional time supporting family so you might find this Macmillan information your feelings when someone has cancer helpful as well as this link getting help with your emotions.

You may find it helpful to call the Macmillan Support Line open 8am-8pm (timings may differ across services) 7 days a week on 0808 808 00 00. This service provides practical information, emotional support or just a listening ear.

Talking to people face to face can be very helpful so do check to see if you have any Local Macmillan Support in your area, do also check for a local Maggie's Centre as these folks are amazing and support all the family ((hugs))

Mike (Thehighlander)

It always seems impossible until its done - Nelson Mandela

Community Champion Badge

• Hi Momof3

Sorry to hear about your daughter.  I was diagnosed with triple negative breast cancer nearly four years ago and it was also in one of my lymph nodes.  After chemo, surgery and radiotherapy I made a full recovery.

Wishing you and your daughter the best of luck with whatever comes next.

Best wishes

Daisy53

Community Champion Badge