Fertility plans

• 1 reply
  • 4 subscribers

Hi,

I have estrogen positive breast cancer. I’ve been told I have to be on estrogen blockers for at least 5 years before thinking about having a break in treatment to get pregnant. Even doing that makes it a really high risk of the cancer coming back.

We tried fertility treatment before chemotherapy but unfortunately this failed and with it being self funded we ran out of time and money. we already have a 2 year old so I know how lucky I am already but to have your future family plans potentially taken away from you is just devastating. Am I being selfish here?! I was also diagnosed with polycystic ovaries during the fertility scans so who’s to say if I could even catch / carry naturally again. I know there are options but I am worried about the risks.

Has anyone else faced something similar at all?
Also did anyone notice any physical changes to their skin /body when being on estrogen blockers and have any advice on what to take to help at all?

Im really struggling with spots, red cheeks and hot flushes at the moment. 

thanks if advance. 

• Hi  

I don't have the experience you're looking for regarding fertility treatment but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. Responding to you will 'bump' it back to the top of the discussion list again.

Regarding your skin problems, can I suggest you also post about that in the breast cancer forum as you'll then connect directly with others on the same treatment who might have had the same side effect.

((hugs))

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"