Stepping back from working world

• 3 replies
  • 6 subscribers

Hi.

I am new to this forum and to having cancer.

I'd be keen for any guidance and tips from those that were in physically active or close up work environments, and had to step away from their roles due to the cancer, covid and chemo combo.

Have to sadly confess that my work life is (was?) a very significant part of my identity and my drive to achieve.

• Hi

I was already retired when diagnosed with cancer so haven't been in the same position as you. However, as I noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet, I thought I'd suggest that you also post this in the bowel cancer group, which I can see you're a member of, as it's a lot more active group.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Thx latchbrook. I took your advice and reposted - didn't know how to move it or recategorise original post, so just created a new one.

Should i now delete the one here? Or leave it so others see this forum isn't really active? Shame really as i think young people can have some different needs.

• Hi

You can't move a post from one group to another so creating a new one in the bowel cancer group was the right thing to do.

Although posts can be deleted it's best to leave them as youmight still get a response here in the future.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"