Results tomorrow

FormerMember
FormerMember
  • 1 reply
  • 2 subscribers

Hi everyone.

I’m expecting the results tomorrow about whether this latest chemo is working. They’ve told me it’s the best one so any others won’t work as well. It worked before so I’ve got my hopes up but I want to try and expect bad news too so I don’t get too disappointed.

Any tips on how to deal with these awful appointments? It’s horrible not knowing and waiting. I just feel so out of control and tomorrow I’m sure my anxiety will be through the roof. At the last appointment, I couldn’t even sit down. I was pacing up and down.

• Hi  and welcome to the online community

I'm sorry to see that you haven't had any responses to your post and I hope that your results yesterday were good.

I've looked back through your previous posts to see what type of cancer you have but the waiting for results is the same no matter what you have. Everyone deals with this differently, you just have to find what works for you. Some people throw themselves into their work or hobbies whilst others only allow themselves a set amount of time each day to worry or write down their worries. You may find this from Macmillan about coping with your emotions helpful.

Could I suggest that you join the bowel cancer group as I think it would really help you to share experiences with others who understand what you're going through.

To join this group just click on the link I've created and then choose 'join this group' on the page that opens. You can then introduce yourself and ask questions by selecting 'start a discussion' and respond to existing posts by clicking on 'reply'.

When you have a minute it would be really useful if could pop something about your journey into your profile as it really helps others when answering or looking for someone with a similar diagnosis. It also means that you don't have to keep repeating yourself. To do this click on your username and then select 'Edit Profile'. You can amend it at any time and if you're not sure what to write you can take a look at mine by clicking on my username.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"